To be accepted as a student to this programme one has to have:
- Bachelor's degree consisting of at least three years of university studies.
- Studied mathematical sciences at a university for at least 1½ years.
- For the study directions in algebra, analysis and topology: Reached the level and covered material equivalent to
- For the study direction in numerical analysis: Reached the level and covered material equivalent to
- For the study direction in statistics: Reached the level and covered material equivalent to
(All codes for the courses refer to the 2012/2013-course catalogue).
Applications for this programme are filed through the Office of International Relations. Application forms are available electronically. For further information and requirements see the homepage of the Office of International Relations (links in the left margin).
General requirements : Admission to NTNU’s international master’s programmes is highly competitive. Priority in admission will be given to applicants who have completed their first degree within a relevant academic area, and who have obtained an average grade of First Class Division or Second Class Division. For some master’s programmes relevant work experience is also recommended for admission.
Language and financing requirements
The English-language requirements apply for all applicants; while the financing requirements do differ depending on the type of applicant you are.