Telematics - Communication Networks and Networked Services
Internet, mobile communications and services, cloud computing, intelligent transport systems, over-the-top content, machine-to-machine applications… Communication networks and networked services are under constant development and are becoming an increasingly vital and integrated part of modern society.
The MSc in Telematics - Communication Networks and Networked Services programme aims to provide students with profound knowledge and skills about the technologies and techniques required to meet the societal needs for secure, smart and robust communication networks and services.
Examples of master's thesis topics (2016) include:
- Cloud Radio Access Networks (C-RAN) and optical mobile backhaul and fronthaul networks
- Software Defined Networking for FUSION (Integrated Hybrid Optical) Networks
- Public safety networks towards mission critical mobile broadband networks
- Trust management for a smart-card based private e-ID manager
- Management of large scale Netflow data by distributed systems
- Interdomain multicast
- Traffic policing in dynamic military networks using Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Capacity of mobile ad hoc networks using an airborne relay