The Computer Science programme of study is a 5 years Master of Science (sivilingeniør) programme for Scandinavian-speaking students. More information is available at the Norwegian website.
Computer Science is not only about excellent computer skills - it also deals with contributing to the social development. How can we improve existing systems? What could be useful in the future?
With computer engineering skills you can create computer systems which people need, want, or not yet know that they need.
The first two years of the programme focuses on building a basic fundation for the students.
Fields of Study
In the third year every student select one of the fields of study:
- Software - how to development and use of computer systems in organizations
- Databases and Search - how to efficiently search databases and develop search engines
- Artificial Intelligence - methods and techniques for decision support and learning machines problem solving
- Algorithms and Computers - methods and techniques for development of high performance systems
In the fourth year every student has to pick one of the specializations:
Interaction Design and Game Technology
Databases and Search
Algorithms and High Performance Computing
Computers and System Software
Degree: Master of Technology
Duration: 5 years, 300 ECTS
Programme code: MTDT
Restricted admission: Yes
Language of instruction: Norwegian
City: Trondheim, Norway
- 1 March for students with an international degree
- 15 April for Norwegian and Nordic degree students
This information is relevant for the present academic year.