Engineering and ICT
The ‘Engineering and ICT' programme is a fairly new and unique advanced engineering programme in Norway. Norwegian industry increasingly demands engineers with both ICT expertise and an advanced engineering education. There is also an increasing need for candidates who understand and are able to futher develop the existing computer tools used by engineers themselves. Development of tomorrow's computer tools requires hybrid engineers — that is — engineers with both the right engineering background for the field, as well as the requisite programming abilities.
Why choose the Engineering and ICT programme?
- You would like to work with technology, but you don't know what to specialize in? You options are numerous even after choosing 'Engineering and ICT'!
- You are interested in scientific subjects and computing? (Admission to the degree programme does not require computer skills, we will teach you everything from scratch.)
- Industry needs engineers with a combination of computer and traditional engineering qualifications.
- You would like a fascinating role as a bridge builder between people with backgrounds from computing and engineering.
After two years students may choose from the following five specialization fields:
- Petroleum geosciences and engineering
- Marine technology
- Structural engineering
- Product development and process engineering
In addition to the technological specialization students also aquire special qualifications within ICT for which there is a high demand.