Research courses/PhD courses for external candidates
Researchers and research fellows who are not attending a PhD programme at NTNU can apply for admission to research courses as external candidates through Søknadsweb. You find the application option under 'Enkeltemner' -> 'PhD courses for external candidates'
The deadline for applying is 15 September for the fall semester and 15 February for the spring semester.
All documentation must be uploaded to "My Documents" in Søknadsweb. External candidates who are attending a PhD programme have to upload confirmation of admission to a PhD programme from their institution.
External candidates who are not attending a PhD programme have to upload documentation of their master's degree. If you have education from other countries than Norway or other Nordic countries, you also have to upload documentation of your English proficiency. The language requirements can be filled with the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 500 points on the paper-based test or 60 points on the Internet-based test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 5.0 (minimum score of 6.0 for M.Phil programs)
- Cambridge First Certificate in English, Certificate in Advanced English eller Certificate of Proficiency in English (see more information with Folkeuniversitetet)
- APIEL (Advanced Placement International English Language) examination with a minimum score of 3 points
- Other ways to document English proficiency can be found here
Applicants who have been accepted to a PhD programme do not need to document English proficiency.
If you apply for courses with previous knowledge requirements, you have to upload documentation showing that you fill these requirements. You can find information about previous knowledge requirements on the course web pages.
Education from NTNU
Applicants who have completed a master's degree at NTNU can apply for an active student status via Søknadsweb. The deadline for applying is 1 September for the autumn semester and 1 February for the spring semester. Read more about applying for an active student status here.
The semester fee is NOK 510 per semester and is paid via Studentweb. For questions about payment of the semester fee, please contact Student Service. Applicants who have documented admission to a programme can be exempted from paying the semester fee.