To borrow or request literature from the NTNU Library, you must be registered as a borrower.
- All NTNU studentsare automatically registered as borrowers at the library.
- Your NTNU student card is your library card.
- Your loan number (in BIBSYS: username / address) is on the back of the card under the barcode. Example: NTNU123456
- Remember to update changes in your address, telephone or email with your student listing.
- NTNU employees should contact the library to be registered as a borrower.
- Your NTNU employee access card is most commonly used as your library card. In this case, your loan number (in BIBSYS: username / address) is found on the back of the card under the barcode. Example: NTNU123456.
- A national library card ("library card") may be issued by the NTNU Library or other libraries (such as the Trondheim Public Library). Your loan number (in BIBSYS: username / address) may be of the form: N001234567, or may also take the form NTNU Library 1234, ubt1000123 or Rit000123.
- Contact the library to be registered as a borrower. (You need to show valid identification).
- If you have a national library card, a library card from a public library, or if you are a student at another university / college in Norway, then you can use your card from these institutions to borrow books and other material from us. Contact us to activate the card in our system.