NTNU Alumni China
The mandate of NTNU Alumni China is to link NTNU with business and society in
China in order to enhance cooperation and contribute to NTNU’s vision “Knowledge for a better world”.
- Serve as NTNU ambassadors and strengthen the university’s international visibility and reputation, particularly in China.
- Advise on trends and developments outside Norway, and particularly in China, so that NTNU’s curriculum and programmes of study can respond to the changing nature of global practice and changing trends in public and private sectors.
- Advise on ways NTNU can enhance its connections with alumni abroad and contribute to the creation of a sustainable, organized and active global NTNU alumni network.
- Assist in identifying potential partners and opportunities for NTNU in China – for collaboration on international programmes.
- Contribute to strengthening access to international internships for NTNU students in Chinese businesses and organizations.
- Co-organize and host a variety of events.
Chair: Ben Zhang
- Chairman Shanghai Maritime & Finance Excellence Center (Shanghai)
- Master of Science in Marine Structure ’01
Vice Chair: Haibo Chen
- Principal Consultant, Lloyd’s register (Beijing)
- Master of Science in Marine Structure ’01, PhD in Marine Technology ’03
Member: Torgeir Sterri
- Vice President, Regional Manager and Area Chair Greater China, DNV GL (Shanghai)
- Master of Science in Naval Architecture ’99
Member: Lihao Zhao
- Associate Professor, Tsingua University (Beijing)
- PhD, Energy and process engineering, ’12, '12-'16 Postdoc, Department of energy and process engineering, NTNU.
Member: Bing Zhao
- Relationship Manager, DNB Bank Shanghai Branch (Shanghai)
- Master of science in Industrial Economics and Technology Management ’13
Member: Sicong Liu
- Architect, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects (Shanghai)
- Master of Science in Urban Planning ’11
Member: Bin Wang
- Chairman & CEO, Ioer Industrial Solutions Limited (Beijing)
- Master of Science in Marine Technology ’10
Member: Bin Xu
- Partner, Shanshan Capital Investment Co., Ltd, (Shanghai area)
- Master of Science in Marine Technology ’08