Programme for bioinformatics
The Programme for Bioinformatics (PBI) is based on interdisciplinary cooperation between research groups in medicine, biology, and informatics at NTNU. PBI is associated with the strategic areas at NTNU: MedTek and ICT.
PBI is important in order to exchange information between the special fields working on bioinformatics. The comitee of PBI have members from the Faculty of Medicine (DMF), the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology (NT), and the Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering (IME) at NTNU. In addition, there is a coordinator of the programme at the NT-faculty.
Members of Programme for Bioinformatics at NTNU:
- Eivind Almaas (Department of Biotechnology, NT)
- Pål Sætrom (Department of Computer and Information Science, IME)
- Atle Bones (Department of Biology, NT)
- Finn Drabløs (Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, DMF)
- Mette Langaas (Department of Mathematical Sciences, IME)
- Kristian Hveem (Department of Public Health and General Practice, DMF)
Coordinator for Programme for bioinformatics:
- Jostein Johansen (Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, DMF)
The Mandate PBI-comittee (in norwegian) can be found here (in norwegian).
Notes and minutes of meetings in the programme committee can be found here (in Norwegian).
Strategic Plan for 2009-2013 and Action Plan for 2010 can be found