PPRP Assessment - Continuing professional development
PPRP Assessment Course
PPRP Assessment Course
The PRPP Assessment is a standardized, client centered, criterion referenced, occupational therapy assessment of occupational performance. It is used with clients of any age, gender, diagnosis, or cultural background whose performance is compromised by difficulties with the cognitive demands of occupations. The assessment yields information about performance mastery and cognitive strategy application capacity. Strategy application behaviors assessed align with dimensions of attention and perception (P), learning, memory and recall (R), planning, decision-making and judgment (P), and the capacity to act on decisions and follow-through with plans (P). The PRPP assessment is used internationally, and has been translated into several languages. It has established validity in a variety of practice domains including neurology, mental health, learning disabilities, autism, chronic pain, HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders, and dementia. Acceptable reliability has been demonstrated following training.
Participants who have completed the PPRP Assessment Course may also participate in the PPRP Intervention Course.
- Describe the occupational therapy, neurosciences and educational foundation of the assessment, and its psychometric properties.
- Assess and score task performance mastery from videotaped examples of client performances using Stage One of the PRPP Assessment.
- Assess and score cognitive strategy application behaviours applied to tasks on dimensions of perceive, recall, plan and perform from videotaped examples of client performances using Stage Two of the PRPP Assessment.
- Write specific, measureable mastery and strategy application goals for clients assessed.
- Use the PRPP Assessment as a client centred outcome measure of occupational performance.
- Understand the implications of assessment findings for occupational therapy intervention
This course will be taught by Dr. Chris Chapparo and Dr. Judy Ranka. Both presenters are occupational therapists, researchers and educators with extensive national and international teaching experience.
Qualified Occupational Therapists
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
NOK 6000,- (includes course materials, coffe/te and lunch every day)