In February 2022, all infection control measures in Norway were discontinued. NTNU has also discontinued the Emergency Response for the Covid-19 pandemic. After nearly two years, life is nearly back to normal at NTNU.
However, the pandemic still has some ripple effects, e.g. on exams and lectures.
NTNU's handling of the coronavirus pandemic
Norwegian button - for koronavirus info
Smitte, contact, FAQ
Most exams in spring 2022 will have an assessment form different from an exam written in person on campus.
Information about changes shall primarily be communicated in Blackboard or through other channels that are habitually used related to teaching.
Statutory quarantine has ended, while rules for testing, contact tracing and isolation will still need to be followed.
Work from home
From Monday 7 February, the main rule is that NTNU staff must go to their workplace in person. From the same date, in-person meetings and gatherings will be allowed again. Keeping a distance of one metre is recommended in both office landscapes and meeting rooms.
Students in Trondheim can phone the caretaker services at (+47) 94532392 and then go to Akrinn to collect the test. In Gjøvik, students can collect self-tests at Studenttorget in the Gneis building. In Ålesund, self-tests can be ordered from the municipality and collected from Kompasset on campus, where the reception desk is open on ordinary working days.
In principle, all travel within Norway can take place. The infection situation varies, and you may want to investigate whether there are separate regulations and / or recommendations in the municipality you travel to (check the municipality's website). Please see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' travel information (regjeringen.no) for travel advice for each individual country
- Infected or close contact of someone with Covid-19? 04.02.2022
- Government lifts one-metre rule for teaching and requirement for work from home 02.02.2022
- Exams in spring 2022: All courses updated with correct info about dates, the form of assessment and grading scale 27.01.2022
- Distribution of tests on campus 21.01.2022
- Much more in-person teaching from 24 January 16.01.2022
- Information about teaching and work from home 16.01.2022
- Info about exams in spring 2022 10.01.2022
- Students can get a booster dose in their student city 09.01.2022
- Buildings to be closed at Christmas 17.12.2021
- Rules for quarantine and suitable accommodation 17.12.2021
- What is the current advice on travel?
- You must register and get tested for Covid-19 when you enter Norway