Background and activities
I am employed as a senior researcher by the Norwegian Health Association and works in the research group CERG at K.G. Jebsen Center for Cardiovascular Health. My research focus is genetics, exercise and cardiac health.
I am a PI for 2 large international projects aiming to:
1. Find early serum risk markers for coronary artery disease using new omics technology (small-RNA transcriptomics and lipidomics) in large population-based cohort studies as well as smaller well-controlled clinical studies
2. Find the genetic signature of aerobic fitness and test the potential as a tool to determine cardiac health and future risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Impact of high-intensity interval training on disease activity and disease in patients with psoriatic arthritis: A randomized controlled trial. Arthritis care & research. vol. 71 (4).
- (2019) Circulating microRNAs as predictive biomarkers of myocardial infarction: Evidence from the HUNT study. Atherosclerosis. vol. 289.
- (2019) A multi-center comparison of vO2peak trainability between interval training and moderate intensity continuous training. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 10:19.
- (2018) Powerful extreme phenotype sampling designs and score tests for genetic association studies. Statistics in Medicine. vol. 37 (28).
- (2018) Effect of high-intensity interval training on cardiovascular disease risk factors and body composition in psoriatic arthritis: A randomised controlled trial. RMD Open. vol. 4 (2).
- (2017) MicroRNAs as Important Regulators of Exercise Adaptation. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 60 (1).
- (2016) Circulating microRNAs predict future fatal myocardial infarction in healthy individuals - The HUNT study. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. vol. 97.
- (2015) A small molecule activator of AKT does not reduce ischemic injury of the rat heart. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 13 (1).
- (2015) The effects of high intensity interval training in women with rheumatic disease: a pilot study. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (10).
- (2014) Prognostic value of circulating microRNA-210 levels in patients with moderate to severe aortic stenosis. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (3).
- (2014) Remote ischemic preconditioning preserves mitochondrial function and activates pro-survival protein kinase Akt in the left ventricle during cardiac surgery: A randomized trial. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 177 (2).
- (2013) Circulating MicroRNAs and Aerobic Fitness - The HUNT-Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (2).
- (2013) Pi3k modulates cardiomyocyte phenotype in rats selected for low aerobic capacity. European Heart Journal. vol. 34.
- (2012) Choline and phosphatidylcholine are associated with aerobic capacity: the HUNT-Study. Cardiovascular Research (CVR). vol. 93.
- (2012) Serum Levels of Choline-Containing Compounds Are Associated with Aerobic Fitness Level: The HUNT-Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 7 (7).
- (2011) Time course of endothelial adaptation after acute and chronic exercise in patients with metabolic syndrome. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 25 (9).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training reduces cardiovascular risk factors more than a multi treatment approach in overweight adolescents. Clinical Science. vol. 116 (3-4).
- (2009) Transcriptional changes in blood after aerobic interval training in patients with the metabolic syndrome. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 16 (1).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training versus continuous moderate exercise after coronary artery bypass surgery: A randomized study of cardiovascular effects and quality of life. American Heart Journal. vol. 158 (6).
- (2008) ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION IN HIGHLY ENDURANCE-TRAINED MEN: EFFECTS OF ACUTE EXERCISE. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 22 (2).