Anna Leida Mölder
Background and activities
With a formal background in computer vision and machine learning in combination with engineering and biology, I have worked in both academia (UK Biobank, Elixir Europe), with large (AFRY konsult, ABB Robotics) and small (Phase Holographic Imaging) companies, as well as with governmental agencies (National Forensic Centre, Sweden). I have a broad interest in science philosophy, AI and the human mind, education, coaching and inspiring science for a better world.
As Innovation Lead, you can contact me for any questions regarding company startup, ideas for patenting and commercialisation, hands on assistance with application writing or finding the right research partners. I am also involved in scientific publishing and book projects, organising seminars and gatherings and can be your contact point in TTO communication.
In my spare time I tend to get involved in voluntary activities in womens, childrens and animal rights (VOOV), the environment and education (Mattecentrum). I also run a bee collective (Gerillahonung)with the help of my dear neighbours in Dalsland and do a lot of writing and illustration (En Bra Bok). My home I share with a number of animals, and hope to some day form a two-legged family through adoption.
- A. Mölder, N. Costen, G. Hartshorne, and S. Czanner, “Method for segmentation of single blastomeres in three dimensional microscopy image stacks“ In print.
- A. Mölder, N. Costen, G. Hartshorne, and S. Czanner, “An efficient model for blastomere tracking using Conditional Random Fields” In print.
- A. Mölder, S. Drury, N. Costen, G. Hartshorne, and S. Czanner, “Three dimensional visualisation of microscope imaging to improve understanding of human embryo development” in Visualization in Medicine and Life Sciences III, vol. 2016, Springer, In print.
- Z. El-Schish, A. Mölder, H. Tassidis, P. Härkönen, M. Falck Miniotis, and A. Gjörloff Wingren, “Induction of morphological changes in death-induced cancer cells monitored by holographic microscopy” J. Struct. Biol., vol. 189, no. 3, pp. 207–212, Mar. 2015.
- A. Mölder, S. Drury, N. Costen, G. M. Hartshorne, and S. Czanner, “Semiautomated analysis of embryoscope images: Using localized variance of image intensity to detect embryo developmental stages” Cytometry A, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 119–128, Feb. 2015.
- A. Mölder, S. Czanner, and N. Costen, “Focal Plane Selection in Microscopic Embryo Images” CGVC 2014.
- A. Mölder, S. Czanner, N. Costen, and G. Hartshorne, “Automatic detection of circular structures in human embryo imaging using trigonometric rotation of the Hough Transform” in 2014 22nd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2014.
- A. Mölder, S. Czanner, and N. Costen, “Multidimensional visualisation to improve the understanding of biological data sets” presented at the Central European Seminar on Computer Graphics, Smolenice, 2013, vol. 17.
- A. Gjörloff Wingren, B. Janicke, K. Alm, L. Gisselsson, S. Oredsson, A. Mölder, J. Persson, and H. Cirenajwis, “Digital holography and cell studies” 2011.
- J. Persson, A. Mölder, S.-G. Pettersson, and K. Alm, “Cell motility studies using digital holographic microscopy” Microsc. Sci. Technol. Appl. Educ., 2010.
- A. Gjörloff Wingren, K. Alm, M. Sebesta, L. Gisselsson, Z. El-Schish, and A. Mölder, “Digital holographic microscopy – innovative and non-destructive analysis of living cells” FORMATEX RESEARCH CENTER, 2010.
- Z. El-Schish, A. Gjörloff Wingren, A. Mölder, and M. Sebesta, “Det digitala holografiska mikroskopet–innovativ teknik för analys av levande celler” 2010.
- A. Mölder, M. Sebesta, M. Gustafsson, L. Gisselson, A. G. Wingren, and K. Alm, “Non-invasive, label-free cell counting and quantitative analysis of adherent cells using digital holography” J. Microsc., vol. 232, no. 2, pp. 240–247, 2008.
- MC Sebesta, A Mölder, L Gisselsson, "Analysis of transparent biological objects", US Patent App. 12/999,503
- M Sebesta, J Persson, L Gisselsson, A Mölder, A Långberg, "Analysis of ova or embryos with digital holographic imaging", US Patent App. 13/380,220
- M Sebesta, K Alm, A Långberg, A Mölder, J Persson, L Gisselsson, "Method for and use of digital holographic microscopy and imaging on labelled cell samples", US Patent 8,937,756
Awards and certifications:
- 2014 Awarded with Faculty Research Grant: Supervised learning for the classification of etoposide-treated in vitro adherent cells based on non-invasive imaging growth characteristics. Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
- 2014 Awarded with stipend to present: Automatic Detection of Embryo Location in Medical Imaging Using Trigonometric Rotation for Noise Reduction at the International Conference of Pattern recognition, ICPR, Stockholm
- 2013 Awarded for best oral presentation of Automatic focus detection in microscopic images. MMU Research Day, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
- 2012 Awarded with Faculty Scholarship: Interpretation, visualisation and analysis of non-destructive microscopic imaging modularities to enhance the understanding of human embryo development. Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
- 2012 Streamserve Foundation
- 2012 ISO 13485 education, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2012 ISTQB certified, Fundamental level
- 1999 Certificate of Advanced English, grade B