Background and activities
Are Bertheussen graduated from NTNU in 2015 with a M.Sc in Chemical Engineering. The Master's Thesis was performed in collaboration with the Naphthenate group at Statoil Research Centre where the objective was to study the traits and phase equilibria of oil-soluble calcium naphthenates. Are joined the Ugelstad laboratory in September 2015 as a PhD student for the new Centre for Research-based innovation in Subsea production and processing (SUBPRO). His research will focus on sequential separation of oil/ water mixtures under the supervision of Prof. Johan Sjöblom
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Equilibrium Partitioning of Naphthenic Acid Mixture Part 2: Crude Oil-Extracted Naphthenic Acids. Energy & Fuels.
- (2018) Equilibrium Partitioning of Naphthenic Acid Mixture, Part 1: Commercial Naphthenic Acid Mixture. Energy & Fuels. vol. 32 (7).
- (2018) Microfluidic tools for studying coalescence of crude oil droplets in produced water. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 191.
- (2018) Development of electrochemical DPD molecular simulations for oil/water partitioning of organic acids at varying pH. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 39 (9).
- (2017) Equilibrium partitioning of naphthenic acids and bases and their consequences on interfacial properties. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 529.