Background and activities
I am Associate Professor II at Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics, NTNU.
Please visit see my labwebsite at Uppsala University for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Consistent scaling of inbreeding depression in space and time in a house sparrow metapopulation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 117 (25).
- (2019) Temporally replicated DNA methylation patterns in great tit using reduced representation bisulfite sequencing. Scientific Data. vol. 6 (136).
- (2019) Controlling for body size leads to inferential biases in the biological sciences. Evolution Letters.
- (2019) Avian ecological epigenetics: pitfalls and promises. Journal of Ornithology = Journal fur Ornithologie. vol. 160.
- (2019) Seasonal Variation in Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Patterns and the Onset of Seasonal Timing of Reproduction in Great Tits. Genome Biology and Evolution. vol. 11 (3).
- (2018) Inferences of genetic architecture of bill morphology in house sparrow using a high-density SNP array point to a polygenic basis. Molecular Ecology. vol. 27 (17).
- (2017) Controlling for P-value inflation in allele frequency change in experimental evolution and artificial selection experiments. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 17 (4).
- (2017) Insights into the genetic architecture of morphological and sexually selected traits in two passerine bird species. Heredity. vol. 119 (3).
- (2016) Whole-genome resequencing of extreme phenotypes in collared flycatchers highlights the difficulty of detecting quantitative trait loci in natural populations. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 16 (3).
- (2016) Increasing the power of genome wide association studies in natural populations using repeated measures - evaluation and implementation. Methods in Ecology and Evolution.
- (2015) Genome-wide association mapping in a wild avian population identifies a link between genetic and phenotypic variation in a life-history trait. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 282 (1806).
- (2015) Effects of Spring Temperatures on the Strength of Selection on Timing of Reproduction in a Long-Distance Migratory Bird. PLoS Biology. vol. 13 (4).
- (2014) Nonautosomal genetic variation in carotenoid coloration. American Naturalist. vol. 184 (3).
- (2014) Interspecific analysis of vehicle avoidance behavior in birds. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 25 (3).
- (2014) Estimation of linkage disequilibrium and interspecific gene flow in Ficedula flycatchers by a newly developed 50k single-nucleotide polymorphism array. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 14 (6).
- (2014) A high-density linkage map enables a second-generation collared flycatcher genome assembly and reveals the patterns of avian recombination rate variation and chromosomal evolution. Molecular Ecology. vol. 23 (16).
- (2014) Challenges and prospects in genome-wide quantitative trait loci mapping of standing genetic variation in natural populations. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. vol. 1320 (1).
- (2014) Genomic identification and characterization of the pseudoautosomal region in highly differentiated avian sex chromosomes. Nature Communications. vol. 5.
- (2012) POSITIVE FEEDBACK BETWEEN ECOLOGICAL AND REPRODUCTIVE CHARACTER DISPLACEMENT IN A YOUNG AVIAN HYBRID ZONE. Evolution. vol. 66 (4).
- (2006) Causes and consequences of adaptive seasonal sex ratio variation in house sparrows. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 75.