Arman Hoseinpur Kermani
Background and activities
Arman has joined NTNU since 2017. He started his work on metallurgical refining of MG-Si. He is looking for new ways to remove P and B from molten Si. The main methods that are being investigated in his PhD includes of vacuum and gas refining techniques. Accelerating the rate removal of impurity removal from Si is the corner stone of his research.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Mechanisms of graphite crucible degradation in contact with Si–Al melts at high temperatures and vacuum conditions. Vacuum. vol. 171.
- (2019) Kinetic study of vacuum evaporation of elements from ternary melts; case of dilute solution of P in Si-Al melts. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 235.
- (2018) Effect of alumina particles on structural changes in MoS2 during a ball milling process. International Journal of Materials Research - Zeitschrift für Metallkunde. vol. 109 (3).
- (2018) As, Sb, and Fe removal from industrial copper electrolyte by solvent displacement crystallization technique. Canadian metallurgical quarterly.
- (2017) Synthesis of WC powder through microwave heating of WO3–C mixture. International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials. vol. 24 (2).
- (2016) The effect of preliminary mechanical activation on the zinc loss control in combustive reduction of MoO3 by Zn. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials. vol. 54.
- (2016) Mechanochemical synthesis of CaMoO4 nanoparticles: kinetics and characterizatio. International Journal of Materials Research - Zeitschrift für Metallkunde. vol. 107 (10).
- (2015) On the formation of Mo2C nanocrystals by a novel system through microwave assisted combustion synthesis. Materials Characterization. vol. 108.
- (2015) A mechanistic study on the production of nanosized Mo in microwave assisted combustive reduction of MoO3 by Zn. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials.
- (2015) Mechanochemical Reduction of MoS2 by Zn in Presence of Lime to Produce Nano-CaMoO4 and -ZnS Simultaneously. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. vol. 46.
- (2014) The effect of Al 2 O 3 and CaO presence on the kinetics of mechanochemical reduction of MoS 2 by Zn. Journal of Alloys and Compounds.
- (2013) Mechanochemical synthesis of tungsten carbide nano particles by using WO3/Zn/C powder mixture. Materials research bulletin. vol. 48 (2).
- (2018) Phosphorus removal from Al doped Silicon by vacuum refining. EUPVSEC 2018 ; 2018-09-26 - 2018-09-30.
- (2018) Effect of ultra-high temperatures on phosphorus refining from Si in vacuum process. Norwegian Solar Cell Conference 2018 ; 2018-04-01 - 2018-04-03.