Background and activities
Arman has joined NTNU since 2017. He has got his PhD in materials science and engineering, majored in process metallurgy. He has done his PhD on silicon refining for solar cell applications.
Areas of intrests:
- Hydrogen reduction.
- Vacuum evaporation of metals.
- Treatments of metallurgical melts.
- Silicon, Kerf, solar cell recycling.
- High temperature methods and insrtrument design.
I review for metallurgical journals (Vacuum, J. alloys and compounds, AIP advances, ...)
Experiences and Activities in IMA
- Worked as department engineer in IMA (10 months in 2019 and 2 months in 2020)
-Safty representative in Bergbygget
(researchers and PhD candidates are welcomed to contact me and having talks about safety concenrns and the woek environment conditions)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Boron Removal from Silicon Melt by gas Blowing Technique. High Temperature Materials and Processes.
- (2022) On the phosphorus evaporation from liquid silicon by Knudsen effusion mass spectrometry. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B.
- (2021) Selective Vacuum Evaporation by the Control of the Chemistry of Gas Phase in Vacuum Refining of Si. Langmuir. vol. 37 (24).
- (2020) Vacuum refining of silicon at ultra-high tempratures. Vacuum. vol. 184.
- (2019) Mechanisms of graphite crucible degradation in contact with Si–Al melts at high temperatures and vacuum conditions. Vacuum. vol. 171.
- (2019) Kinetic study of vacuum evaporation of elements from ternary melts; case of dilute solution of P in Si-Al melts. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 235.
- (2018) Effect of alumina particles on structural changes in MoS2 during a ball milling process. International Journal of Materials Research - Zeitschrift für Metallkunde. vol. 109 (3).
- (2018) As, Sb, and Fe removal from industrial copper electrolyte by solvent displacement crystallization technique. Canadian metallurgical quarterly.
- (2017) Synthesis of WC powder through microwave heating of WO3–C mixture. International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials. vol. 24 (2).
- (2016) The effect of preliminary mechanical activation on the zinc loss control in combustive reduction of MoO3 by Zn. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials. vol. 54.
- (2016) Mechanochemical synthesis of CaMoO4 nanoparticles: kinetics and characterizatio. International Journal of Materials Research - Zeitschrift für Metallkunde. vol. 107 (10).
- (2015) On the formation of Mo2C nanocrystals by a novel system through microwave assisted combustion synthesis. Materials Characterization. vol. 108.
- (2015) A mechanistic study on the production of nanosized Mo in microwave assisted combustive reduction of MoO3 by Zn. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials.
- (2015) Mechanochemical Reduction of MoS2 by Zn in Presence of Lime to Produce Nano-CaMoO4 and -ZnS Simultaneously. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 46.
- (2014) The effect of Al 2 O 3 and CaO presence on the kinetics of mechanochemical reduction of MoS 2 by Zn. Journal of Alloys and Compounds.
- (2013) Mechanochemical synthesis of tungsten carbide nano particles by using WO3/Zn/C powder mixture. Materials research bulletin. vol. 48 (2).
- (2021) Vacuum and gas refining of silicon for solar cell applications. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2021. ISBN 978-82-326-6592-1.
- (2021) Applications of metallurgical methods in production and recovery of Silicon. SOLAR ENERGY Webinar- Promoting a circular economy in the solar photovoltaic value chain . SINTEF; 2021-05-07 - 2021-05-07.
- (2021) Boron removal from Si by gas blowing technique. Eurpean Solar cell sectror conference . European union; online. 2021-09-06 - 2021-09-10.
- (2020) Phosphorus and Boron removal from Si by vacuum and gas refining processes. Silicon for chemical and solar industry XV . NTNU; Trondheim, Norway, June 15-18. 2020-06-15 - 2020-06-18.
- (2018) Phosphorus removal from Al doped Silicon by vacuum refining. EUPVSEC 2018 ; 2018-09-26 - 2018-09-30.
- (2018) Effect of ultra-high temperatures on phosphorus refining from Si in vacuum process. Norwegian Solar Cell Conference 2018 ; 2018-04-01 - 2018-04-03.