Background and activities
Arne Ilseng is an Associate Professor at the Dept. of Manufacturing and Civil Engineering at NTNU. He holds a Ph.D. in Computational Mechanics (2016) and an MSc in Mechanical Engineering (2013), both from NTNU. The main focus of Ilseng's research is on the experimental characterization and computational modeling of the mechanical behavior of soft materials.
Arne has taught courses in statics and mechanics of materials since 2017 and he is currently responsible for MEKG1001.
- MEKA1001 - Mechanics
- VB6103 - Mechanics
- MEKT1001 - Mechanics
- MASG2900 - Bachelor thesis
- MEKG1001 - Mechanics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A Perturbation Analysis Approach for Studying the Effect of Swelling Kinetics on Instabilities in Hydrogel Plates. Journal of applied mechanics. vol. 88 (5).
- (2020) Donnan Contribution and Specific Ion Effects in Swelling of Cationic Hydrogels are Additive: Combined High-Resolution Experiments and Finite Element Modeling. Gels. vol. 6 (3).
- (2019) Buckling initiation in layered hydrogels during transient swelling. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 128.
- (2017) An experimental and numerical study on the volume change of particle-filled elastomers in various loading modes. Mechanics of materials (Print). vol. 106.
- (2017) Volume growth during uniaxial tension of particle-filled elastomers at various temperatures–Experiments and modelling. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 107.
- (2016) Tension behaviour of HNBR and FKM elastomers for a wide range of temperatures. Polymer testing. vol. 49.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Finite element simulations of the swelling of cationic hydrogels. MekIT’17 - Ninth national conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2015) Case study of elastomer seals using FEM. Proceedings of MekIT'15 Eighth National Conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2016) Mechanical behaviour of particle-filled elastomers at various temperatures - An experimental and numerical study. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1928-3.