Background and activities
PhD topic: Autonomous control and communication architectures for coordinated operation of unmanned vehicles (UAV, AUV, USV) in a maritime mobile sensor network
Main supervisor: Tor Arne Johansen
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles as Data Mules: An Experimental Assessment. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) Coordinated maritime missions of unmanned vehicles - network architecture and performance analysis. IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking, and Communications.
- (2016) Feed spreaders in sea cage aquaculture – Motion characterization and measurement of spatial pellet distribution using an unmanned aerial vehicle. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. vol. 129.
- (2016) Integrated monitoring of Mola mola behaviour in space and time. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (8).
- (2014) Unmanned aerial vehicle as communication relay for autonomous underwater vehicle — Field tests. IEEE Global Communications Conference, Exhibition, & Industry Forum (GLOBECOM). vol. 2014.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Ultra-Wide Band Real Time Location Systems: Practical Implementation and Performance Evaluation. 2017 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS).
- (2017) A Formation of Unmanned Vehicles for Tracking of an Acoustic Fish-Tag. Proceedings of the IEEE OCEANS 2017.
- (2016) Network of heterogeneous autonomous vehicles for marine research and management. OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey.
- (2016) A communication bridge between underwater sensors and unmanned vehicles using a surface wireless sensor network - design and validation. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2015) Unmanned Aerial System Architecture for Maritime Missions. Design & Hardware Description. 2015 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS).