Background and activities
Research interest and current activities:
- Emulsification/Demulsification technology
- Fractionation of biomolecules using aqueous two-phase systems
- Natural deep eutectic solvents
- Droplet reactors in food and bioprocessing
- Protein functionlaity and bioactivity
I am author of nearly 110 papers in peer-reviewed journals
Participated in about 15 conferences
Associate Editor of the journal Food Chemistry (published by Elsevier)
Editorial Board member of the Journal of Dairy Research (published by Cambridge University).
2021: Associate Professor in NTNU
2019-2021: WUR Talent Fellow, Wageningen University and Research (WUR), the Netherlands
2017-2019: Marie Curie Fellow in INRAE, France
2010-2017: Assistant Professor in University of Tehran and IROST, Iran
- TBT4125 - Food Chemistry
- TMMT4004 - Applied Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- TMMT5003 - Master Thesis in Food Science,Technology and sustainability
- TMMT5004 - Master Thesis in Food Science, Technology and sustainability
- TMAT201P - Internship
- TBT4102 - Biochemistry 1
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) Emulsion gels loaded with pancreatic lipase: Preparation from spontaneously made emulsions and assessment of the rheological, microscopic and cargo release properties. Food Research International. vol. 156.
- (2022) Hydrolysis improves the inhibition efficacy of bovine lactoferrin against infection by SARS-CoV-2 pseudovirus. International Dairy Journal.
- (2021) Covalent β-lactoglobulin-maltodextrin amyloid fibril conjugate prepared by the Maillard reaction. Food Chemistry.
- (2021) Effects of acetyl grafting on the structural and functional properties of whey protein microgels. Food Hydrocolloids.
- (2021) Gelation by bioactives: Characteristics of the cold-set whey protein gels made using gallic acid. International Dairy Journal.
- (2020) Food protein-derived antihypertensive peptides in the COVID-19 pandemic: friends of foes?. Journal of Hypertension. vol. 38 (8).
- (2015) Formulation of apple juice beverages containing whey protein isolate or whey protein hydrolysate based on sensory and physicochemical analysis. International Journal of Dairy Technology. vol. 68 (1).
- (2013) Influence of whey protein and its hydrolysate on prehypertension and postprandial hyperglycaemia in adult men. International Dairy Journal. vol. 33 (1).
- (2012) Optimized preparation of ACE-inhibitory and antioxidative whey protein hydrolysate using response surface method. Dairy Science and Technology. vol. 92 (6).