Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) International variations in clinical practice guidelines for palliative sedation: A systematic review. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care. vol. 7 (3).
- (2017) Evidence on the analgesic role of bisphosphonates and denosumab in the treatment of pain due to bone metastases: A systematic review within the European Association for Palliative Care guidelines project. Palliative Medicine : A Multiprofessional Journal. vol. 31 (1).
- (2017) Fentanyl sublingual tablets versus subcutaneous morphine for the management of severe cancer pain episodes in patients receiving opioid treatment: A double-blind, randomized, noninferiority trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology. vol. 35 (7).
- (2016) Characteristics of the case mix, organization and delivery in cancer palliative care: a challenge for good-quality research. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care.
- (2016) Characteristics of breakthrough cancer pain and its influence on quality of life in an international cohort of patients with cancer. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care. vol. 6 (3).
- (2016) Referral criteria for outpatient specialty palliative cancer care: an international consensus. The Lancet Oncology. vol. 17 (12).
- (2016) From "breakthrough" to "episodic" Cancer Pain? A European Association for Palliative Care Research Network Expert Delphi Survey Toward a Common Terminology and Classification of Transient Cancer Pain Exacerbations. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 51 (6).
- (2016) Minimally invasive procedures for the management of vertebral bone pain due to cancer: The EAPC recommendations. Acta Oncologica. vol. 55 (2).
- (2016) A consensus review on the development of palliative care for patients with chronic and progressive neurological disease. European Journal of Neurology. vol. 23 (1).
- (2016) Comparison of the Tolerability Profile of Controlled-Release Oral Morphine and Oxycodone for Cancer Pain Treatment. An Open-Label Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 52 (6).
- (2015) Long-term morbidity after multivisceral resection for retroperitoneal sarcoma. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 102 (9).
- (2015) Management of Delirium in Palliative Care: a Review. Current Psychiatry Reports. vol. 17:13 (3).
- (2015) Indicators of integration of oncology and palliative care programs: An international consensus. Annals of Oncology. vol. 26 (9).
- (2015) Italian Oncological Pain Survey (IOPS): A multicentre Italian study of breakthrough pain performed in different settings. The Clinical Journal of Pain. vol. 31 (3).
- (2015) Symptom clusters in people living with HIV attending five palliative care facilities in two sub-Saharan African countries: A hierarchical cluster analysis. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0126554 (5).
- (2015) Pharmacokinetic study between a bilayer matrix fentalyl patch and a monolayer matrix fentanyl patch: single dose administration in healthy volunteers. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. vol. 80 (1).
- (2014) Classification of neuropathic pain in cancer patients: A Delphi expert survey report and EAPC/IASP proposal of an algorithm for diagnostic criteria. Pain. vol. 155 (12).
- (2014) Confirming neuropathic pain in cancer patients: Applying the NeuPSIG grading system in clinical practice and clinical research. Pain. vol. 155 (5).
- (2013) Trends in opioid analgesics sales to community pharmacies and hospitals in Italy (2000-2010). Minerva Anestesiologica. vol. 79 (8).
- (2013) Guidelines for the Management of Breakthrough Pain in Patients With Cancer. The Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. vol. 11.