Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Mathematics and its value for engineering students: what are the implications for teaching?. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. vol. 46 (3).
- (2015) Teachers´ use of resources in and for mathematics teaching. Nordisk matematikkdidaktikk. vol. 20 (3-4).
- (2014) Re-sourcing curriculum materials: in search of appropriate frameworks for researching the enacted mathematics curriculum. ZDM: Mathematics Education. vol. 46 (5).
- (2014) Using the construct of the didactic contract to understand student transition into University Mathematics Education. Policy Futures in Education. vol. 12 (5).
- (2014) From instrumental to documentational approach: Towards a holistic perspective of teachers' resource systems in higher education. Research in Mathematics Education. vol. 16 (2).
- (2013) Collective work with resources: an essential dimension for teacher documentation. ZDM: Mathematics Education. vol. 45 (7).
- (2013) Investigating textbooks as crucial interfaces between culture, policy and teacher curricular practice: two contrasted case studies in France and Norway. ZDM: Mathematics Education. vol. 45 (6).
- (2013) Resourcing teachers' work and interactions: a collective perspective on resources, their use and transformation. ZDM: Mathematics Education. vol. 45 (7).
- (2012) Working with mathematics and science teachers on inquirybased learning (IBL) approaches : teacher beliefs. Acta Didactica Norge. vol. 6 (1).
- (2011) Pupils' attitudes towards mathematics: a comparative study of Norwegian and English secondary students. ZDM: Mathematics Education. vol. 43.
- (2011) Beliefs and beyond: affect and the teaching and learning of mathematics. ZDM: Mathematics Education. vol. 43 (4).
- (2019) The 'Resource' Approach to Mathematics Education. Springer. 2019. ISBN 978-3-030-20392-4. Advances in Mathematics Education (1).
- (2015) From beliefs to dynamic affect systems in mathematics education : Exploring a mosaic of relationships and interactions. Springer. 2015. ISBN 9783319068077.
- (2012) From text to "Lived Resources ; Mathematics Curriculum Materials and Teacher Development. Springer. 2012. ISBN 9789400719651.
Part of book/report
- (2017) The association between engineering students’ self-reported mathematical identities and average grades in mathematics courses. Proceedings of the Tenth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME 10).
- (2015) Students’ attitudes towards mathematics across lower secondary schools in Shanghai. From beliefs to dynamic affect systems in mathematics education : Exploring a mosaic of relationships and interactions.
- (2015) The transition from higher education to the world of work: Measuring student teachers’ beliefs and practices for purposeful sample selection. Proceedings of the Ninth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education.
- (2014) Student transition to university mathematics education : transform- ations of people, tools and practices. Transformation - a fundamental idea of mathematics education.
- (2014) An expert teacher’s local instruction theory underlying a lesson design study through school-based professional development. Proceedings of the Joint Meeting of PME 38 and PME-NA 36 (vol. 2).
- (2014) How a primary mathematics teacher in Shanghai improved her lessons on ‘angle measurement’. Proceedings of the 8th British Congress of Mathematics Education.