Background and activities
- TBA4100 - Geotechnical Engineering and Engineering Geology
- GEOL3093 - Special Course for the Master's Thesis
- TGB4570 - Engineering Geology, Specialization Project
- GEOL3092 - Special Course for the Master's Thesis
- BYGT2316 - Engineering Geology - Rock
- TGB4205 - Hydrogeology
- TGB4200 - Engineering Geology of Soils, Advanced Course
- TGB4580 - Mineral Production and Resource Geology, Specialization Project
- TGB4855 - Experts in Teamwork - Energy storage in the ground - an important contribution to the green transition
- TGB4185 - Engineering Geology, Basic Course
- TGB4575 - Engineering Geology, Specialization Course
- TGB4945 - Engineering Geology, Master's Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Hydrochemical and biotic control on iron incrustations in groundwater heat pump systems: Case study from a saline, anoxic aquifer in Melhus, Norway. Geothermics. vol. 100.
- (2022) How to avoid gas clogging in groundwater heat pump systems: a case study from the Lena terrasse system in Melhus, Norway. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 81 (4).
- (2021) Online remote-controlled and cost-effective fouling and clogging surveillance of a groundwater heat pump system. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 80.
- (2020) Fluid flow through 3D-printed particle beds: a new technique for understanding, validating, and improving predictability of permeability from empirical equations. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 134.
- (2020) Fouling and clogging surveillance in open loop GSHP systems: A systematic procedure for fouling and clogging detection in the whole groundwater circuit. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 79.
- (2019) Design of Groundwater Heat Pump Systems. Principles, Tools, and Strategies for Controlling Gas and Precipitation Problems. Energies. vol. 12 (19).
- (2019) Design considerations for borehole thermal energy storage (BTES): A review with emphasis on convective heat transfer. Geofluids. vol. 2019:4961781.
- (2017) Carbon-13 in groundwater from English and Norwegian crystalline rock aquifers: a tool for deducing the origin of alkalinity?. Sustainable Water Resources Management.
- (2017) Modelling of the dissolution and reprecipitation of uranium under oxidising conditions in the zone of shallow groundwater circulation. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity. vol. 178-179.
- (2015) Inorganic chemical quality of European tap-water: 2. Geographical distribution. Applied Geochemistry.
- (2012) Thermal response testing of a fractured hard rock aquifer with and without induced groundwater flow. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 71 (3).
- (2012) Insights into the reliability of different thermal conductivity measurement techniques: a thermo-geological study in Mære (Norway). Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 71 (2).
- (2012) Effect of water yield and rock thermal conductivities on TRT results. Comunicações Geológicas. vol. 99 (1).
- (2010) The chemistry of bottled mineral and spring waters from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland. Journal of Geochemical Exploration.
- (2009) Bacteria of the sulfur cycle in the sediments of gold mine tailings, Kuznetsk Basin, Russia. Microbiology. vol. 78 (4).
- (2007) White HDPE bottles as source of serious contamination of water samples with Ba and Zn. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 374 (2-3).
- (2006) Evolution of groundwater chemical composition by plagioclase hydrolysis in Norwegian anorthosites. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. vol. 70 (6).
- (2002) Rural pit latrines as a source of groundwater contamination; examples from Siberia and Kosova. Water and Environment Journal. vol. 16 (2).
- (2001) The chemistry of Norwegian groundwaters: IV. The pH-dependence of element concentrations in crystalline bedrock groundwaters. The Science of the Total Envinronment.
- (2000) The Chemistry of Norwegian Groundwaters III. The Distribution of Trace Elements in 476 Crystalline Bedrock Groundwaters, as Analysed by ICP-MS Techniques. Science of the Total Environment.
- (1999) Variation of 66 elements in European bottled mineral waters. Science of the Total Environment.
- (1999) Radiocarbon and seismic evidence of ice sheet extent and the last deglaciation on the mid-Norwegian continental shelf. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 79 (2).
- (1998) The chemistry of Norwegian groundwaters: I. The distribution of radon, major and minor elements in 1604 crystalline bedrock groundwaters. The Science of the Total Envinronment.
- (1998) The chemistry of Norwegian groundwaters. II. The chemistry of 72 groundwaters from Quaternary sedimentary aquifers. The Science of the Total Envinronment.
Part of book/report
- (2021) CO2-enhanced geothermal systems for climate neutral energy supply. TCCS–11. CO2 Capture, Transport and Storage. Trondheim 22nd–23rd June 2021. Short Papers from the 11th International Trondheim CCS Conference.
- (2014) Uranium distribution in groundwater from fractured crystalline aquifers in Norway. Fractured Rock Hydrogeology.
- (2008) The Natural Inorganic Chemical Quality of Crystalline Bedrock Groundwaters of Norway. Natural Groundwater Quality.
- (2007) Universal controls on the evolution of groundwater chemistry in crystalline bedrock: the evidence from empirical and theoretical studies. Groundwater in fractured rocks. Selected papers from Groundwater in Fractured Rocks International Conference, Prague. IAH selected papers Vol. 9.
- (2002) Groundwater quality of crystalline bedrock aquifers in Norway. 2002. ISBN 82-471-5449-8.
- (2021) Diagnosing Encrustation Problems in Open-loop Groundwater Heat Pump Systems in Melhus, Norway. World Geothermal Congress 2020+1 Reykjavik . International Geothermal Association; Reykjavik. 2021-03-01 - 2021-10-27.
- (2019) Application of a flow-through cell to monitor groundwater source heat pump systems in Melhus, Norway. 46th IAH Congress: Groundwater management and governance – coping with water scarcity . International Assocation of Hydrogeologists; Malaga. 2019-09-22 - 2019-09-27.
- (2019) Groundwater source heat pumps systems: Principles and challenges. Clean Energy Symposium . NTNU Young Researcher Clean Energy Forum; Trondheim. 2019-02-08 - 2019-02-08.
- (2019) ORMEL 2: Iron and manganese encrustations in open-loop ground source heat pump systems. Vinterkonferansen 2019 . Norsk Geologisk Forening; Bergen. 2019-01-07 - 2019-01-09.
- (2010) Can rock core thermal conductivity data replace thermal response tests?. Water and Energy 2010 . International Water Association (IWA); Amsterdam. 2010-11-10 - 2010-11-12.