Carlos Salas Bringas
Background and activities
Carlos Salas Bringas is a professor working in Water and Environmental Technology with smart water solutions. His academic background is process technology where he has a PhD, a master in feed manufacturing technology and he is also an aquaculture engineer. Carlos Salas Bringas started as full professor at NTNU in 2019, previously he worked for 15 years at NMBU University. He has taken his study programs and specialization courses at different Universities; Norwegian University of Life Sciences (Norway), Andres Bello National University (Chile), Cambridge University (England), Massey University (New Zealand), University of Nevada Las Vegas (USA) and at Technical University of Denmark.
Carlos Salas Bringas contributes to the study program and research at NTNU in the areas of water and wastewater transport, measurement techniques, separation processes, treatment processes, fluid and solid biomass handling, product development, computer aided design in SolidWorks, computational fluid dynamics, rheology, and with lab on a chip technique. Carlos Salas Bringas has been actively involved in scientific research and innovation where he was part of three patenting activities as inventor, here it can be highlighted a worldwide Patent obtained in 2019 in a process equipment (International Publication number WO 2018/139932).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Thermal analysis of geopolymer concrete walls containing microencapsulated phase change materials for building applications. Solar Energy. vol. 178.
- (2018) Thermal performance and numerical simulation of geopolymer concrete containing different types of thermoregulating materials for passive building applications. Energy and Buildings. vol. 173.
- (2018) Influence of Microcapsule Size and Shell Polarity on the Time-Dependent Viscosity of Geopolymer Paste. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 57 (29).
- (2018) Influence of microcapsule size and shell polarity on thermal and mechanical properties of thermoregulating geopolymer concrete for passive building applications. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 164.
- (2018) Rheological and thermal properties of suspensions of microcapsules containing phase change materials. Colloid and Polymer Science. vol. 296 (5).
- (2018) Time-dependent structural breakdown of microencapsulated phase change materials suspensions. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 40 (2).
- (2018) Physical properties of biofuel pellets vaccuum treated with vegetable oil. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 26.
- (2017) Microencapsulated phase change materials for enhancing the thermal performance of Portland cement concrete and geopolymer concrete for passive building applications. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 133.
- (2016) Challenges and emerging technical solutions in on-growing salmon farming. Aquaculture International. vol. 24 (3).
- (2016) The effects of sugar beet molasses on wheat straw pelleting and pellet quality. A comparative study of pelleting by using a single pellet press and a pilot-scale pellet press. Fuel processing technology. vol. 144.
- (2015) Calibration of a Jar-tester replicated in a rotational rheometer. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 23.
- (2015) A novel approach for estimating the hydrophobicity of solid biofuels based on contact angle measurements. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings.
- (2015) Physical quality and surface hydration properties of wood based pellets blended with waste vegetable oil. Fuel processing technology. vol. 134.
- (2015) Effects of enzymes and lignosulfonate addition on tensile strength, surface hydration properties and underwater swelling rate of microalgae pellets. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 23.
- (2015) In vitro dynamic model of the stomach and small intestine for Liquid Foods With rheological monitoring - First prototype. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 23.
- (2014) Influences of wet torrefaction on pelletability and pellet properties of Norwegian forest residues. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 22 (1).
- (2014) Torrefaction influence on pelletability and pellet quality of norwegian forest residues. Energy & Fuels. vol. 28 (4).
- (2014) The effect of waste vegatble oil addition on pelletability and physical quality of wood pellets. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 22 (1).
- (2014) Developing an in-vitro dynamic model of the stomach and small intestine for milk produkts with rheological monitoring. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 22 (1).
- (2013) Effects of torrefaction on pelletability and pellet properties of Norwegian biomass fuels. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings.