Background and activities
The major topic of my PhD research are thermal properties of fenestration products. Both new constructions and historic solutions are investigated by experiments and numerical simulations. Other research interests are energy efficiency and thermal comfort in buildings.
I have background in heat exchange and thermodynamic. I graduated from bachelor's and master's programme at Warsaw University of Technology. My second Master's degree was completed jointly at University of Akureyri, Iceland and Royal Melbourne University of Technology, Australia and focused on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Thermal Modeling and Investigation of the Most Energy-Efficient Window Position. Energy and Buildings. vol. 158.
- (2015) Thermal performance of in-between shading systems in multilayer glazing units: Hot-box measurements and numerical simulations. Journal of Building Physics. vol. 39 (2).
- (2014) Thermal design of window-wall interface in wall energy retrofits using high-performance vacuum insulation. ASHRAE Transactions. vol. 120.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Practical Methods for Ensuring Energy-Efficient Window-to-Wall Connections. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Thermal Performance of the Exterior Envelopes of Whole Buildings, Clearwater Beach, Florida, December 1-5, 2013.
- (2013) Numerical Simulation of Thermal Performance of Window Retrofit Options for Historic Buildings. Proceedings of the 3rd European Workshop on Cultural Heritage Preservation.
- (2013) Optimization of Window Installations in Deep Energy Retrofits Using Vacuum Insulation Panels. 2nd Central European symposium on building physics. Vienna, Austria, September 9-11, 2013. Contributions to building physics.
- (2013) Investigating Influence of Different Shading Devices on Window Thermal Performance. Proceedings of 13th International Conference of the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA).
- (2012) Impacts of Operating Hardware on Window Thermal Performance. Proceedings of the Building Enclosure Science & Technology (BEST 3 - 2012).
- (2014) Improvement of moisture and thermal properties of original windows. 2014.
- (2012) Highly insulating frame design and materials - Hardware impact. 2012.
- (2012) Cooling of PV panels by natural convection. 2012. ISBN 978-82-536-1290-4. ZEB Project report (6).