Background and activities
Dong Chul Kim is Adjunct Associate Professor in the Nanoelectronics and Photonics group at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications since 2015. His main research interests are:
1. III-V semiconductor nanowires / Crystallized Si microstructures
3. Integration of the above two for future optoelectrical device application
Work experience & academic degrees
- 2015: Adjunct Associate Professor in NTNU
2012: Co-founder and Senior project manager in CrayoNano AS
2009 ~ 2013: Post Doctoral Researcher in NTNU
2004 ~ 2009: R&D staff member in Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, Samsung Electronics, Korea
2002 ~2004: Post Doctoral Researcher in Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
2002: Ph.D. in Physics, Seoul National University, Korea
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Chemical vapor deposition of graphene on platinum: Growth and substrate interaction. Carbon. vol. 111.
- (2016) In situ electronic probing of semiconducting nanowires in an electron microscope. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 262 (2).
- (2016) Low frequency noise in single GaAsSb nanowires with self-induced compositional gradients. Nanotechnology. vol. 27 (38).
- (2016) Fabrication of Si(111) crystalline thin film on graphene by aluminum-induced crystallization. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 108.
- (2016) Growth optimization for self-catalyzed GaAs-based nanowires on metal-induced crystallized amorphous substrate. Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B:Nanotechnology and Microelectronics. vol. 34 (2).
- (2015) Rectifying Single GaAsSb Nanowire Devices Based on Self-Induced Compositional Gradients. Nano letters (Print). vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) In-situ electrical and structural characterization of individual GaAs nanowires. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 522.
- (2014) Position-Controlled Uniform GaAs Nanowires on Silicon using Nanoimprint Lithography. Nano letters (Print). vol. 14 (2).
- (2013) Comparison of Be-doped GaAs nanowires grown by Au- and Ga-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 378.
- (2013) Polarization dependent photocurrent spectroscopy of single wurtzite GaAs/AlGaAs core-shell nanowires. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 102 (14:142107).
- (2013) Breakdown of the Interlayer Coherence in Twisted Bilayer Graphene. Physical Review Letters. vol. 110 (9).
- (2012) Charge transport in graphene doped with diatomic halogen molecules (I-2, Br-2) near Dirac point. Synthetic metals. vol. 162 (17-18).
- (2012) Vertically Aligned GaAs Nanowires on Graphite and Few-Layer Graphene: Generic Model and Epitaxial Growth. Nano letters (Print). vol. 12 (9).
- (2011) Photocurrent Spectroscopy of Single Wurtzite GaAs Nanowires. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1399.