Background and activities
Dicky is geoscientist with more than 10 years of working experiences in the petroleum industry and academia. He has widely experience in Sedimentology & stratigraphy, Petroleum geology, Seismic interpretation and Geomodeling (Integrating seismic, wells, outcrop & modern analogue data).
Recently, he is doing his PhD about "Evolution and architecture of canyons and other sediment conduits along the Northern Atlantic Margin". He will implement integration of subsurface and outcrop data using advanced seismic interpretation, digital outcrop modeling, seismic forward modeling and stratigraphic forward modeling techniques to reveal the research objective.
- Data manager at the Department of Geosciences and Petroleum - NTNU
- NTNU contact person for DISKOS database
- NTNU contact person for Schlumberger PETREL & STUDIO software
- MSc thesis co-advisor
- Lecturer at TPG4130 Seismic Interpretation course. Course taught: Seismic Well Tie, Seismic Sequence Stratigraphy, Seismic Attribute analysis, Interpretation of deepmarine sediments and processes, Integrated Outcrop Studies
- Lecturer at PYREX field course
- Dicky at IGD research group
- Dicky at Googlescholar
- Dicky at Researchgate
- Dicky at LinkedIn
- Dicky at Blog
- PhD. Candidate (2016), NORGES TEKNISK-NATURVITENSKAPELIGE UNIVERSITET (NTNU Trondheim)
- MSc. Petroleum Geosciences (2012), NORGES TEKNISK-NATURVITENSKAPELIGE UNIVERSITET (NTNU Trondheim)
- B.Eng. - Geology (2002), Universitas Pembangunan Nasional (UPN) “VETERAN” Yogyakarta – Indonesia.
August 2016 - Present; PhD Research Fellow at Geophysics Research Group - Department of Petroleum Engineering & Appllied Geophysics - Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet. Supervisor: Professor Ståle Emil Johansen, Dr. Kamaldeen Olakunle Omosanya, Professor II Cai Puigdefàbregas
June 2013 – July 2016; Research Assistant at The Interpretation of Geophysical Data Research Group - Department of Petroleum Engineering & Applied Geophysics – Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet. He is responsible for Modeling & Interpretation work package.
August 2015 – July 2016; Geomodeller at ROCKSEIS AS (Working load = 20%). ROCKSEIS AS is an oil & gas service company providing geomodeling and seismic modeling for exploration & development challenges.
June 2013 - June 2014; Teaching assistant & Thesis Co-advisor. Department of Petroleum Engineering & Applied Geophysics – Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet.
June – August 2013; Geophysicist (Summer Internship) – Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (EMGS) – Norway.
July 2010 – July 2012; Exploration Geologist - Azzurri Energy (Pasir PSC and Puri PSC) - Indonesia.
February 2007 – June 2010; Development Geologist of Bekapai Field (Mahakam PSC) – TOTAL E&P Indonesie.
September - December 2006; Geologist at Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir Simulation Project at Musi Timur Block, PERTAMINA-UPN “VETERAN” Yogyakarta.
May – July 2006: Field Geologist at Center of Geological Survey – Indonesia, with “Geology & Turbidite Fasies Kebo-Butak Formation in Eastern Baturagung Mountain” as its title also for Bachelor Thesis.
October 1 – 30, 2005; Job Training in PERTAMINA DOH JBB - Petrophysical Analysis of Jj-5, Jj-10 & Jj-13 wells in “X” field North West Java Basin – Indonesia).
September 2004 – 2006; Lecturer Assistant of Sedimentology on Department of Geology, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional “VETERAN” Yogyakarta.
- The research council of Norway, Schlumberger and NTNU for PhD Stipendiat award
- EAGE - FIELD CHALLENGE 2014. 3rd place in the Field Development Student Competition (EAGE-Field Challenge 2014).
- Dick Murphy Scholarship Award 2013, from American Association of Petroleum Geologist – South East Asia Petroleum Exploration Section. Funding for pursuing MSc. Petroleum Geosciences at Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet.
- AAPG UPN SC Award 2008 (Speakers on One day Course; Sedimentology of Mahakam Delta - Indonesia), from American Association of Petroleum Geologist UPN Student Chapter.
- Karya Cendekia Award 2007 (Best Geology Student), from Universitas Pembangunan Nasional (UPN) “VETERAN” Yogyakarta – Indonesia.
Send me an email if you are interested to get my PDF publication.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Deep-seated faults and hydrocarbon leakage in the Snøhvit Gas Field, Hammerfest Basin, Southwestern Barents Sea. Marine and Petroleum Geology. vol. 77.
- (2016) Recurrent mass-wasting in the Sørvestsnaget Basin Southwestern Barents Sea: A test of multiple hypotheses. Marine Geology. vol. 376.
- (2015) 3D seismic interpretation of the depositional morphology of the Middle to Late Triassic fluvial system in Eastern Hammerfest Basin, Barents Sea. Marine and Petroleum Geology. vol. 68 (A).
- (2015) Evolution and Character of Supra-Salt Faults in the Easternmost Hammerfest Basin, SW Barents Sea. Marine and Petroleum Geology. vol. 66 (4).
- (2014) Seismic Sedimentology of the Triassic Channel complex - The Barents Sea. 2014.
- (2006) Geologi dan studi fasies turbidit formasi Kebo-Butak di pegunungan Baturagung Timur, Jawa Tengah. 2006.
- (2017) Basin Modeling and Petroleum System Analysis in the Easternmost Hammerfest Basin – Barents Sea. AAPG International Conference and Exhibition 2017 . American Association of Petroleum Geologist; London. 2017-10-15 - 2017-10-18.
- (2017) Petroleum Regulation and Management System between Indonesia and Norway: Suggested best-fit model for Indonesia. THE HAGI-IAGI-IAFMI-IATMI JOINT CONVENTION MALANG 2017 . THE HAGI-IAGI-IAFMI-IATMI JOINT CONVENTION; Malang. 2017-09-25 - 2017-09-28.
- (2017) Stratigraphic Architecture and Evolution of Submarine Canyons and Other Sediment Conduits in the SE Loppa High, Barents Sea. 100th AAPG Anniversary, AAPG ACE 2017 . American Association of Petroleum Geologist; Houston. 2017-04-02 - 2017-04-05.
- (2017) INTEGRATED DIGITAL OUTCROP MODEL AND SEISMIC FORWARD MODELING: APPLICATION TO ENHANCE SUBSURFACE INTERPRETATION IN DELTAIC SYSTEM OF KUTAI BASIN, EAST KALIMANTAN. The Forty-First Annual Convention & Exhibition, May 2017 . INDONESIAN PETROLEUM ASSOCIATION; Jakarta. 2017-05-17 - 2017-05-19.
- (2017) Integrated Reservoir Modeling (IRM) of the Atiart submarine canyon outcrops (Spain) to constrain the Decision Based Modeling (DBM) of SE Loppa High submarine canyon reservoir (Norway). Norwegian Petroleum Society conference on Reservoir Characterization . Norwegian Petroleum Society; Stavanger. 2017-12-05 - 2017-12-06.
- (2017) Cenozoic evolution of siliciclastic sediments and implications for hydrocarbon prospectivity in Southwestern Barents Sea. 100th AAPG Anniversary, AAPG ACE 2017 . American Association of Petroleum Geologist; Houston. 2017-04-02 - 2017-04-05.
- (2016) Seismic interpretation and characterisation of igneous rocks in Jan Mayen microcontinent, Norwegian-Greenland sea. International Conference and Exhibition, Barcelona . Society of Exploration Geophysicist and AAPG; Barcelona. 2016-04-03 - 2016-04-06.
- (2008) Sedimentology of Mahakam Delta - Indonesia. AAPG UPN Student Chapter Guest Lecturer . AAPG UPN "VETERAN" Yogyakarta Student Chapter; UPN "VETERAN" Yogyakarta campus. 2008-02-20 - 2008-02-20.