Background and activities
My PhD is part of OPTiMAT (Optimal Utilization of Marine Food Resources) project at NTNU from 2016 to 2023, dealing with better utilization of marine food resources through the value chain from catching to consumer´s table. Especially, the overall goal of my PhD project is to increase the utilization of little utilized marine resources (LUR) from the Norwegian sea, focusing on different flatfish species and echinoderms through the comprehensive investigation on biotic and abiotic challenges, preservation and consumer preferences of little utilized marine resources.
- Increasing the utilization of little utilized marine resources
- Extending the shelf life of food products
- Improving the food quality, safety, and sensory attributes of food products
- Investigation of seasonal and geographical variations in microbial diversity of fish species
- Identification and characterization of spoilage microbiota of food products stored at different time-temperature conditions and packaging atmospheres
- Investigation of seasonal variations on the spoilage potential, the production of secondary metabolites, and the shelf life of food products
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of specific spoilage microorganisms and their predictive modeling under the application of different conditions
- Physicochemical characterization of food products
- MATV1007 - Microbiology and Biotechnology
- MATV1008 - Microbiology and Food Safety
- TMAT3001 - Food Microbiology
- TMAT3002 - Food Technology
- Ph.D in Food Microbiology. Department of Biotechnology and Food Science, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), 2020-Present.
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Quality Assurance. Faculty of Science and Technology, Hellenic Open University (HOP), 2017.
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Food Processing and Meat Technology. Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), 2010.
- Integrated Master of Science (M.Sc) in Agriculture - Food Science and Technology. Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), 2008.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Seasonal variation in chemical composition and contaminants in European plaice (Pleuronectes Platessa) originated from the west-coast of Norway. Food Chemistry. vol. 401 (134155).
- (2021) Water Safety Plans and HACCP implementation in water utilities around the world: benefits, drawbacks and critical success factors. Environmental science and pollution research international. vol. 28.
- (2018) Evaluation of ISO22000 standard and Water Safety Plans in the production and distribution of drinking water by water supply companies - The European Experience. Proceedings. vol. 2 (11).
- (2011) Effect of freeze-dried leek powder (FDLP) and nitrite level on processing and quality characteristics of fermented sausages. Meat Science. vol. 87 (2).
- (2022) Seasonal variations in microbial communities of European Plaice (Pleuronectes platessa) as affected by packaging and cold storage. 27th International ICFMH Conference (Food Micro 2022) ; Athens. 2022-08-28 - 2022-08-31.
- (2021) Effects of seasonal variation on chemical and physiochemical properties of European Plaice Pleuronectes platessa. 35th International EFFoST Conference ; 2021-11-01 - 2021-11-04.
- (2021) Characterization of microbial communities and metabolic spoilage products of European Plaice (Pleuronectes platessa) in relation to the application of different packaging methods. 35th EFFoST International Conference ; Lausanne. 2021-11-01 - 2021-11-04.
- (2019) Water quality vulnerability assessment and determination of critical control points in drinking water supply systems. 11th World Congress on Water Resources nd Environment: Managing Water Resources for a Sustainable Future - EWRA 2019 ; Madrid. 2019-06-25 - 2019-06-29.
- (2018) A Critical Evaluation of Water Safety Plans (WSPs) and HACCP Implementation in Water Utilities. 3rd EWaS International Conference on “Insights on the Water‐Energy‐Food Nexus” ; Leukada. 2018-06-27 - 2018-06-30.
- (2010) Effect of fresh, freeze-dried and air-dried leek and nitrite level on quality characteristics of fermented sausages. 3rd National Conference of Interdisciplinary Society of Food Hygiene Assurance (I.S.F.H.A) ; Thessalonki. 2010-06-04 - 2010-06-06.