Background and activities
Edgar obtained his PhD in Computer Science at Blekinge Institute of Technology and his research area is fraud detection and related interest topics: Multi-Agent Based Simulation, Machine Learning techniques with applied Visualization in the domain of retail stores, mobile payments and Anti Money Laundering (AML) for financial transactions. Edgar has a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from EAFIT University in Colombia and a Masters degree in Computer Science from Linköping University in Sweden.
Personal website: http://edgarlopez.net
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Analysis of fraud controls using the PaySim financial simulator. International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) A Pilot Study in Cyber Security Education Using CyberAIMs: A Simulation-Based Experiment. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 531.
- (2018) Using a socio-technical systems approach to design and support systems thinking in cyber security education. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2107.
Part of book/report
- (2018) On the GDPR introduction in EU and its impact on financial fraud research. European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, EMSS 2018.
- (2017) Bootstrapping the Paysim Financial Simulator for Open Source. THE 29TH EUROPEAN MODELING & SIMULATION SYMPOSIUM (EMSS 2017).
- (2017) MultiMAuS: A Multi-Modal Authentication Simulator for Fraud Detection Research. THE 29TH EUROPEAN MODELING & SIMULATION SYMPOSIUM (EMSS 2017).
- (2016) A Review of Computer Simulation for Fraud Detection Research in Financial Datasets. 2016 Future Technologies Conference (FTC)- Proceedings.
- (2016) Paysim: a financial mobile money simulator for fraud detection. 28th European Modeling and Simulation Symposium (EMSS 2016) -Proceedings.
- (2015) Using the RetSim Fraud Simulation Tool to Set Thresholds for Triage of Retail Fraud. Secure IT Systems: 20th Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems (NordSec 2015).