Background and activities
I am Associate Professor in drama and theatre studies at the Department of Arts and Media Studies with a previous career as stage director, dramaturg and drama teacher. I am a theatre scholar and a trained dramatherapist MA and Associate teacher of Fitzmaurice voicework. I like to teach and conduct research through a combination of practice and theory. How do we stage ourselves? What kind of powers are at stake? How do we facilitate and organize arts processes that create new meaning, good health and have sociatal relevance?
Main research projects 2019:
- Bokprosjekt: Somatic Voices in Performance Research and Beyond. Editor: Christina Kapadocha. Chapter 5: Fitzmaurice Voicework® - autoethnography and transformative practice. Publiseres på Routledge: Taylor & Francis 2020. Kunstbasert forskningsprosjekt under ARTEC - Voices Mixed.
- Arts and Health: Applied theatre with persons outside main stream working force: research project with Ville Veier, Stavanger, social entrepreneurship that uses artsbased methods with intention of inclusion, growth and new learning.
Arts-based Research, communal focus on performative and arts-based research design in drama and theatre
NTNU ARTEC, cross facultary Arts and Technology Task Force
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Group interactive art therapy: its use in training and treatment, second edition. Review. Dramatherapy. vol. 39 (1).
- (2018) Teaching Empathy with Brecht as Prompter. American International Journal of Social Studies. vol. 7 (2).
- (2018) Fra utenforskap til mestring. DRAMA : Nordisk dramapedagogisk tidsskrift. vol. 1 (2-3).
- (2017) Towards a new 'we': Applied theatre as integration. Applied Theatre Research. vol. 5 (3).
- (2017) Å bygge publikumsbroer. DRAMA : Nordisk dramapedagogisk tidsskrift.
- (2016) Når scenen blir møteplass. Adresseavisen.
- (2015) Listen Carefully. Dramatherapy.
- (2014) Diversity on the Norwegian Stage: Whose Story is it Anyway?. Nordic Theatre Studies. vol. 25.
- (2014) Practice as Research in Drama and Theatre: Introducing Narrative Supervision Methodology. InFormation - Nordic Journal of Art and Research. vol. 3 (1).
- (2012) Dramatherapy with homeless clients: the necessary theatre. Dramatherapy. vol. 34 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Sceneteksten som aktiv partner. Teaterproduksjon - Ti produksjonsestetiske innganger.
- (2017) Anvendt teater som performativ ytring. Drama, teater og demokrati : Antologi II : I kultur og samfunn.
- (2013) Drama, Heart and Soul: Understanding the Relationship between the Unique Inner Voice, Heart Intelligence and the Intelligence of Feeling. Arts Therapies and the Intelligence of Feeling.
- (2011) Es war einmal - Ich war nicht allein. Theater mit mir?! : "der geschützte Raum" : eine Konferenzdokumentation.
- (2004) Brecht og det episke teater. Politisk teater - gensyn og genopdagelse?.