Background and activities
PhD-student in fluid mechanics since 2016.
- Project website: http://folk.ntnu.no/aursand/
- Supervisor: Bernhard Müller
- Working title: "Triggering of rapid phase transition in cryogens"
Area of work
- Film-boiling and heat transfer with cryogens
- Thermodynamics, transport processes and meta-stable states.
- Rapid phase transition.
- Fluid mechanics
- Computational physics
- IT/programming (Python, Fortran, C++, C#, Linux, LaTeX, ...)
MSc Nanotechnology at NTNU (2007-2012)
Best MSc engineering graduate NTNU 2012 (Winnie og Ragnar Mathisens Høgskolefond)
Recipient of a Fulbright grant (visiting scholar in the US).
- Research scientist, SINTEF Energy Research (2012-2015)
- Summer intern, SINTEF Energy Research (2011)
- Summer intern, SINTEF Energy research (2010)
- Summer intern, Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (2009)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Inclined film boiling: Film stability and heat transfer. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 111.
- (2018) Inclination dependence of planar film boiling stability. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 106.
- (2018) Thermocapillary instability as a mechanism for film boiling collapse. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 852.
- (2018) Predicting triggering and consequence of delayed LNG RPT. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 55.
- (2018) Performance analysis of heat and energy recovery ventilators using exergy analysis and nonequilibrium thermodynamics. Energy and Buildings. vol. 170.
- (2017) Thermodynamic modeling with equations of state: present challenges with established methods. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (13).
- (2016) The influence of CO2 mixture composition and equations of state on simulations of transient pipeline decompression. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 54.
- (2016) Fracture propagation control in CO2 pipelines: Validation of a coupled fluid-structure model. Engineering structures. vol. 123.
- (2016) A multi-phase ferrofluid flow model with equation of state for thermomagnetic pumping and heat transfer. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 402.
- (2016) Potential of enhancing a natural convection loop with a thermomagnetically pumped ferrofluid. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 417.
- (2016) The spinodal of single- and multi-component fluids and its role in the development of modern equations of state. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 436.
- (2014) CO2 Pipeline Integrity: Comparison of a Coupled Fluid-structure Model and Uncoupled Two-curve Methods. Energy Procedia. vol. 51.
- (2013) CO2 pipeline integrity: A coupled fluid-structure model using a reference equation of state for CO2. Energy Procedia. vol. 37.
- (2013) Heat Transfer Characteristics of a Pipeline for CO2 Transport with Water as Surrounding Substance. Energy Procedia. vol. 37.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Modelling planar film boiling of arbitrary inclination with the lubrication approximation. MekIT’17 - Ninth national conference on Computational Mechanics.