Background and activities
Area of work
- Contributing to Environment & Economic Due Diligence for SFI Smart Maritime
- Focus on environmental friendly ship design, by assessing environmental and economic perfomance parameters of selected ships and shipping systems.
- Analysis of fleet-wide implications of individual shipping designs for meeting overall climate change mitigation targets.
Previous and other work
- Focus on understanding environmental impacts and resource requirements of low-carbon energy technologies
- Working with both present and future energy systems scenarios
- Method development in the area of LCA and IO-analysis
Skills and expertise
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Input-Output Analysis (IOA)
- Environmental systems analysis
- Phd Industrial Ecology Norwegian University of Science & Technology (2015)
- MSc Industrial Ecology Leiden University/Delft University of Technology (2011)
- MSc Chemical Engineering Delft University of Technology (2012)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) State-of-the-art technologies, measures, and potential for reducing GHG emissions from shipping – A review. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 52.
- (2016) Environmental impacts of balancing offshore wind power with compressed air energy storage (CAES). Energy. vol. 95.
- (2016) Balance issues in input-output analysis: A comment on physical inhomogeneity, aggregation bias, and coproduction. Ecological Economics. vol. 126.
- (2015) Multiregional environmental comparison of fossil fuel power generation - Assessment of the contribution of fugitive emissions from conventional and unconventional fossil resources. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 33.
- (2015) Integrated life-cycle assessment of electricity-supply scenarios confirms global environmental benefit of low-carbon technologies. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 112 (20).
- (2015) Material use for electricity generation with carbon dioxide capture and storage: Extending life cycle analysis indices for material accounting. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. vol. 100.
- (2015) The hydrogen permeability of Pd-Cu based thin film membranes in relation to their structure: A combinatorial approach. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 40 (10).
- (2016) Green energy choices: the benefits, risks and trade-offs of low-carbon technologies for electricity production. United Nations Environment Programme. 2016. ISBN 978-92-807-3490-4.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Matching supply and demand: grid and storage. Green energy choices: the benefits, risks and trade-offs of low-carbon technologies for electricity production.
- (2016) Fossil fuels and carbon dioxide capture and storage. Green energy choices: the benefits, risks and trade-offs of low-carbon technologies for electricity production.
- (2015) Prospective Environmental Impacts of Selected Low-Carbon Electricity Technologies. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-1280-2.
- (2017) Life cycle perspective on GHG emissions from shipping. CIMAC - Norge Årsmøte . CIMAC Norge; Oslo. 2017-01-25 - 2017-01-25.
- (2016) Prospective modeling approaches within Industrial Ecology. Prospective modeling in Industrial Ecology . Center for Industrial Ecology, Yale University; New Haven. 2016-06-16 - 2016-06-17.
- (2016) Life-cycle approaches for bottom-up assessment of environmental impacts of shipping. SNAME Maritime Convention 2016 . Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME); Bellevue, WA. 2016-11-01 - 2016-11-04.
- (2015) Optimizing electricity generation on the basis of life cycle impacts. ISIE biennial conference . International Society for Industrial Ecology; Guildford, Surrey. 2015-07-06 - 2015-07-10.
- (2015) The influence of the personal value frame in LCA. ISIE biennial conference . International Society for Industrial Ecology; Guildford. 2015-07-06 - 2015-07-10.
- (2014) MFA of silver flows using an Input-Output framework. Gordon Research Conference in Industrial Ecology . Gordon Research Conferences; Lucca (Barga). 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-06.
- (2013) Environmental assessment of fossil fuel power generation with carbon capture and storage. ISIE biennial conference ; 2013-06-25 - 2013-06-28.
- (2013) Life Cycle Assessment of Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES). LCM 2013 ; 2013-08-25 - 2013-08-28.