Background and activities
I am a PhD Candidate at the Department of Physics, NTNU since August 2017 as a part of the reseach group by Prof. Kathrine Røe Redalen.
My topic is research in data analysis and application of machine learning techniques in the context of multiparametric magnetic resonance (MR) imaging data for personalized radiation therapy. Subprojects include:
- Automatic segmentation of tumor volume with classical and deep learning methods
- Identification of radioresistance employing radiomics and clustering techniques
10/2015 - 06/2017
MSc in Physics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Including two semester ERASMUS stay at NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Master thesis: Dose accumulation in radiation therapy for intrafractional lung
tumor movement using deformable image registration.
Study track: Experimental Particle Physics
Elective range: Biomedical Engineering
10/2011 - 09/2015
BSc in Physics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Bachelor thesis: Commissioning of the air shower fluorescence telecope
Teaching assistant in
- TFY4320 - Physics of medical Imaging (Spring 2018, 2019, 2020)
- TFY4165 - Thermal physics (Autumn 2017, 2018, 2019)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A comparison of methods for fully automatic segmentation of tumors and involved nodes in PET/CT of head and neck cancers. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 66 (6).
- (2021) MRI-based automatic segmentation of rectal cancer using 2D U-Net on two independent cohorts. BiGART2021 - ActaOncologica conference . ActaOncologica and DCCC Radiotherapy; Virtual event. 2021-10-06 - 2021-10-06.
- (2021) Influence of functional MRI sequences on automatic segmentation of rectal cancer. NACP 2020/2021 symposium . Nordic Association for Clinical Physics; 2021-04-11 - 2021-04-13.
- (2019) Automatic tumor delineation in rectal cancer using functional MRI and machine learning. MedFys 2019 . Norsk Forening for Medisinisk Fysikk; Kvitfjell. 2019-02-04 - 2019-02-06.
- (2019) Automatic tumour delineation in rectal cancer using functional MRI and machine learning. ESTRO 38 . European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology; Milan. 2019-04-26 - 2019-04-30.
- (2019) Functional MR-based automatic tumor segmentation of rectal cancer. BiGART2019 - 18th Acta Oncologica conference ; Aarhus. 2019-05-22 - 2019-05-24.
- (2018) Automatic tumor delineation using MRI and machine-learning. MRI in Radiotherapy . NTNU; Trondheim. 2018-12-05 - 2018-12-05.