Frederik Stendahl Leira
Background and activities
Research topic: Infrared Object Detection & Tracking in UAVs
Main Supervisor: Thor Inge Fossen
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Real-time Georeferencing of Thermal Images using Small Fixed-Wing UAVs in Maritime Environments. ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing (Print).
- (2017) UAV path planning using MILP with experiments. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 38 (1).
- (2017) Tracking of Ocean Surface Objects from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles with a Pan/Tilt Unit using a Thermal Camera. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- (2017) Detection and tracking of floating objects using a UAV with thermal camera. Lecture notes in control and information sciences. vol. 474.
- (2015) Automatic detection, classification and tracking of objects in the ocean surface from UAVs using a thermal camera. IEEE Aerospace Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2015-June.
- (2014) Coordinating UAVs and AUVs for Oceanographic Field Experiments: Challenges and Lessons Learned. Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Colored-Noise Tracking of Floating Objects using UAVs with Thermal Cameras. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2017) Detection and Tracking of Floating Objects using an UAV with Thermal Camera. Sensing and Control for Autonomous Vehicles: Applications to Land, Water and Air Vehicles.
- (2017) A UAV Ice Tracking Framework for Autonomous Sea Ice Management. 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- (2016) Tracking of Marine Surface Objects from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles with a Pan/Tilt Unit using a Thermal Camera and Optical Flow. 2016 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2015) A Light-Weight Thermal Camera Payload with Georeferencing Capabilities for Small Fixed-Wing UAVs. 2015 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2015) Autonomous search and tracking of objects using model predictive control of unmanned aerial vehicle and gimbal: Hardware-in-the-loop simulation of payload and avionics. 2015 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2017) Object Detection and Tracking With UAVs. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2010-4. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (1).