Background and activities
Giuseppe Fragapane is a PhD candidate at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. His research focuses on healthcare logistics and material flow in hospitals. Key aspects in his research are:
- Mapping and benchmarking the material flow in hospitals
- Design, planning and control the material flow in hospitals
- Automating the material flow in hospitals
- Autonomous material handling system in hospitals
- Mobile robots in hospitals (AGV and AMR)
He is connected with several hospitals and hospital planners in Norway, Italy, China and Japan, and the NTNU HEALTH strategic research areas.
In addition to research activities, he is also assisting in lecturing, supervising master students, and the Logistics 4.0 Lab.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Increasing flexibility and productivity in Industry 4.0 production networks with autonomous mobile robots and smart intralogistics. Annals of Operations Research.
- (2019) An Agent-Based Simulation Approach To Model Hospital Logistics. International Journal of Simulation Modelling. vol. 18 (4).
- (2018) The data-driven process improvement cycle: Using digitalization for continuous improvement. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (11).
- (2018) Material Distribution and Transportation in a Norwegian Hospital: A Case Study. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (11).
- (2017) A Nested Configuration of POLCA and Generic Kanban in a High Product Mix Manufacturing System. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 513.
- (2017) Logistics 4.0 and emerging sustainable business models. Advances in Manufacturing. vol. 5 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Medical Supplies to the Point-Of-Use in Hospitals. Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart Production Management Systems : IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2019, Austin, TX, USA, September 1–5, 2019, Proceedings, Part II.
- (2019) Possibilities and Benefits of Using Material Flow Information to Improve the Internal Hospital Supply Chain. Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart Production Management Systems : IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2019, Austin, TX, USA, September 1–5, 2019, Proceedings, Part II.
- (2018) Possibilities and Benefits of Intermediate Care Units in Healthcare Systems from a Logistics Perspective. Advances in Production Management Systems. Production Management for Data-Driven, Intelligent, Collaborative, and Sustainable Manufacturing. IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2018, Seoul, Korea, August 26-30, 2018, Proceedings, Part I.
- (2018) Optimizing Leather Cutting Process in Make-to-Order Production to Increase Hide Utilization. Advanced Manufacturing and Automation VII Gathers selected presentations from the 7th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA 2017), Changshu, China.