Godfrey L Smith
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Moderate but not severe hypothermia causes pro-arrhythmic changes in cardiac electrophysiology. Cardiovascular Research (CVR).
- (2020) A novel ECG-biomarker for cardiac arrest during hypothermia. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 28:27.
- (2019) Two-photon excitation of FluoVolt allows improved interrogation of transmural electrophysiological function in the intact mouse heart. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology.
- (2018) Hypothermia and cardiac electrophysiology - a systematic review of clinical and experimental data. Cardiovascular Research (CVR). vol. 115 (3).
- (2018) Human cardiomyocyte calcium handling and transverse tubules in mid-stage of post-myocardial-infarction heart failure. ESC Heart Failure. vol. 5 (3).
- (2018) Normal interventricular differences in tissue architecture underlie right ventricular susceptibility to conduction abnormalities in a mouse model of Brugada syndrome. Cardiovascular Research (CVR). vol. 114 (5).
- (2018) Aerobic interval training prevents age-dependent vulnerability to atrial fibrillation in Rodents. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 9.
- (2017) Modeling of cardiac ischaemia and reperfusion injury: a human-based in vitro model using iPS-derived cardiomyocytes. European Heart Journal. vol. 38 (1).
- (2016) Cardiac repair in Guinea pigs with human engineered heart tissue from induced pluripotent stem cells. Science Translational Medicine. vol. 8 (363).
- (2014) Reduced aerobic capacity causes leaky ryanodine receptors that trigger arrhythmia in a rat strain artificially selected and bred for low aerobic running capacity. Acta Physiologica. vol. 210 (4).
- (2013) Atrial Myocyte Function and Ca2+ Handling Is Associated with Inborn Aerobic Capacity. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (10).
- (2012) Inborn aerobic fitness determine susceptibility to arrhythmias. Cardiovascular Research (CVR). vol. 93.
- (2012) Exercise Training Corrects Control of Spontaneous Calcium Waves in Hearts From Myocardial Infarction Heart Failure Rats. Journal of Cellular Physiology. vol. 227 (1).
- (2011) The Effect of Exercise Training on Transverse Tubules in Normal, Remodeled, and Reverse Remodeled Hearts. Journal of Cellular Physiology. vol. 226 (9).
- (2011) Intrinsic Aerobic Capacity Sets a Divide for Aging and Longevity. Circulation Research. vol. 109 (10).
- (2010) Redusert myokardcellefunskjon og kalsiummetabolisme hos pasienter etter hjerteinfarkt med lav ejeksjonsfraksjon. Vitenskapelige forhandlinger - De norske kirurgiske foreninger.
- (2009) Interval Training Normalizes Cardiomyocyte Function, Diastolic Ca2+ Control, and SR Ca2+ Release Synchronicity in a Mouse Model of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Circulation Research. vol. 105.
- (2009) Endurance training abolish arrhythmogenic Ca2+ leak in cardiomyocytes from mice over-expressing CaMKII. Biophysical Journal. vol. 96 (3).
- (2009) Decreased Arrhythmia probability after exercise training in post infarction heart failure. Biophysical Journal. vol. 96 (3).
- (2008) Both aerobic endurance and strength training programs improve cardiovascular health in obese adults. Clinical Science. vol. 115 (9).