Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Modeling of cardiac ischaemia and reperfusion injury: a human-based in vitro model using iPS-derived cardiomyocytes. European Heart Journal. vol. 38 (1).
- (2016) Cardiac repair in Guinea pigs with human engineered heart tissue from induced pluripotent stem cells. Science Translational Medicine. vol. 8 (363).
- (2014) Reduced aerobic capacity causes leaky ryanodine receptors that trigger arrhythmia in a rat strain artificially selected and bred for low aerobic running capacity. Acta Physiologica. vol. 210 (4).
- (2013) Atrial Myocyte Function and Ca2+ Handling Is Associated with Inborn Aerobic Capacity. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (10).
- (2012) Inborn aerobic fitness determine susceptibility to arrhythmias. Cardiovascular Research. vol. 93.
- (2012) Exercise Training Corrects Control of Spontaneous Calcium Waves in Hearts From Myocardial Infarction Heart Failure Rats. Journal of Cellular Physiology. vol. 227 (1).
- (2011) The Effect of Exercise Training on Transverse Tubules in Normal, Remodeled, and Reverse Remodeled Hearts. Journal of Cellular Physiology. vol. 226 (9).
- (2011) Intrinsic Aerobic Capacity Sets a Divide for Aging and Longevity. Circulation Research. vol. 109 (10).
- (2010) Redusert myokardcellefunskjon og kalsiummetabolisme hos pasienter etter hjerteinfarkt med lav ejeksjonsfraksjon. Vitenskapelige forhandlinger / De norske kirurgiske foreninger.
- (2009) Interval Training Normalizes Cardiomyocyte Function, Diastolic Ca2+ Control, and SR Ca2+ Release Synchronicity in a Mouse Model of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Circulation Research. vol. 105.
- (2009) Endurance training abolish arrhythmogenic Ca2+ leak in cardiomyocytes from mice over-expressing CaMKII. Biophysical Journal. vol. 96 (3).
- (2009) Decreased Arrhythmia probability after exercise training in post infarction heart failure. Biophysical Journal. vol. 96 (3).
- (2008) Both aerobic endurance and strength training programs improve cardiovascular health in obese adults. Clinical Science. vol. 115 (9).
- (2008) Carbon monoxide levels experienced by heavy smokers impair aerobic capacity and cardiac contractility and induce pathological hypertrophy. Inhalation Toxicology. vol. 20 (7).
- (2008) Endurance training abolish arrhythmogenic Ca2+ leak in cardiomyocytes from mice with transgenic over-expression of CaMKIIδC. Circulation. vol. 118 (18).
- (2008) Activation or inactivation of cardiac Akt/mTOR signaling diverges physiological from pathological hypertrophy. Journal of Cellular Physiology. vol. 214.
- (2008) Exercise-induced changes in calcium handling in left ventricular cardiomyocytes. Frontiers in Bioscience. vol. 13.
- (2008) Calcium leak and contractility in diabetic cardiomyocytes are normalized after exercise training. Circulation. vol. 118.
- (2007) Nitric oxide synthase type-1 modulates cardiomyocyte contractility and calcium handling: association with low intrinsic aerobic capacity. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 14 (2).
- (2007) Aerobic interval training enhances cardiomyocyte contractility and Ca(2+) cycling by phosphorylation of CaMKII and Thr-17 of phospholamban. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. vol. 43 (3).