Gunn Hege Marchand
Background and activities
Consultant in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine.
Cand. med. 2001, Medical faculty, NTNU. SInce 2004 Trainee in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine at St. Olavs hospital.
PhD in clinical medicine 2015 with the thesis: "Adding work-focus to multidisciplinary interventions in specialist care – clinical, social and occupational perspectives".
Supervisors: professor Gunnar Leivseth, NTNU and dr. med Cecilie Røe, UiO
Main interests in research; Occupation rehabilitation of patients with neck and low back pain.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Individually tailored self-management app-based intervention (selfBACK) versus a self-management web-based intervention (e-Help) or usual care in people with low back and neck pain referred to secondary care: protocol for a multiarm randomised clinical trial. BMJ Open. vol. 11 (9).
- (2020) Association of Modic change types and their short tau inversion recovery signals with clinical characteristics : a cross sectional study of chronic low back pain patients in the AIM-study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 21.
- (2020) The effect of infliximab in patients with chronic low back pain and Modic changes (the BackToBasic study): study protocol of a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 21:698.
- (2019) Changes in fear-avoidance beliefs and work participation after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental disorders: secondary outcomes of two randomized clinical trials. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 51 (3).
- (2019) The Fear Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) Does it really measure fear beliefs?. Spine. vol. 45 (2).
- (2019) Efficacy of antibiotic treatment in patients with chronic low back pain and Modic changes (the AIM study): double blind, randomised, placebo controlled, multicentre trial. The BMJ. vol. 367.
- (2018) Risk classification of patients referred to secondary care for low back pain. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 19:166.
- (2017) Antibiotic treatment In patients with chronic low back pain and Modic changes (the AIM study): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. vol. 15 (18).
- (2016) Pain and disability do not influence psychological and social factors at work among sick-listed patients with neck and back pain. Work : A journal of Prevention, Assesment and rehabilitation. vol. 53 (3).
- (2016) Demand, Control and Support at Work Among Sick-Listed Patients with Neck or Back Pain: A Prospective Study. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. vol. 26 (2).
- (2016) Measurement Properties of the Nordic Questionnaire for Psychological and Social Factors at Work: A Rasch Analysis. Journal of Applied Measurement. vol. 17 (2).
- (2015) Change in pain, disability and influence of fear-avoidance in a work-focused intervention on neck and back pain: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 16 (1).
- (2014) The effect of work-focused rehabilitation among patients with neck and back pain: A randomized controlled trial. Pain. vol. 39 (24).
- (2013) Fear-avoidance beliefs associated with perceived psychological and social factors at work among patients with neck and back pain: a cross-sectional multicentre study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 14.
- (2011) Arbeidrettet rehabilitering av nakke-og ryggpasienter i en spesialpoliklinikk. Ramazzini: norsk tidsskrift for arbeids- og miljømedisin. vol. 4.