Background and activities
I am employed as associate professor. I am Project Lead for NTNU MOOC, an initiative aimed at building expertise in developing and running online courses at NTNU. NTNU MOOC is a part of the program NTNU DRIVE. I also do research on MOOCs and work with digital competence and digitalization in education and organizations. My research interests are implementation of new technologies in organizations and in society at large.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Five Learning Design Principles to Create Active Learning for Engaging With Research in a MOOC. European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning. vol. 23 (1).
- (2020) DRIVE-X: A COLLABORATIVE MODEL FOR MAKING MOOCS. EDULEARN proceedings.
- (2020) Blockchain as Loose Organizations. A New Institutional Perspective on New Technologies in Higher Education Institutions. Beta. vol. 34 (2).
- (2019) A research literature study of enterprise social media platforms in organizations. Beta. vol. 33 (1).
- (2019) Digital Transformation in the Classroom: Storytelling and Scriptwriting in Instructional Designing of MOOCs. European Journal of Education (EJED). vol. 2 (3).
- (2019) Learning to Share by Reflection-On-Action on an Enterprise Social Media Platform. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 524.
- (2019) Designing an Educational Action Task Force for MOOCs and Online Course Production. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 524.
- (2019) Pedagogical Strategies for Creating an Online Community. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2356.
- (2019) The Blockchain Challenge for Higher Education Institutions. European Journal of Education (EJED). vol. 2 (3).
- (2019) The Need to Focus on Digital Pedagogy for Online Learning. European Journal of Education (EJED). vol. 2 (3).
- (2019) MOOC Platforms: A Nordic Approach to Research Informed Education in Higher Education. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2356.
- (2018) What is the meaning of sharing: informing, being informed or information overload? An explorative study of implementing an Enterprise Social Media Platform in a public organization. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) Digital professional development: towards a collaborative learning approach for taking higher education into the digitalized age. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy. vol. 13 (1).
- (2017) Organizational Areas for Improvement When Realizing MOOCs At Universities. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1841.
- (2017) Introducing blended learning MOOC – A study of one bMOOC in Norwegian teacher education. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 493.
- (2016) “To listen, share, and to be relevant” – learning netiquette by reflective practice. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 474.
- (2014) Connecting the dots by YouTubing Tutorials. AACE Journal.
- (2014) YouTubing: Challenging Traditional Literacies and Encouraging Self-Organisation and Connecting in a Connectivist Approach to Learning in the K-12 System. Digital Culture and Education. vol. 6 (2).
- (2011) Frykt og avsky for casuals i norsk offentlighet – et antropologisk essay om casuals. Idrottsforum.org - Nordic Sport Studies Forum.
- (2013) The Refuseniks of Blogging. Nicolaus Copernicus University Press. 2013. ISBN 978-83-231-3090-1.