Background and activities
I'm currently doing my PhD with the MR Cancer group. In my work, I look at the role of cytosolic phospholipase A2 in an particularly aggressive breast cancer called basal-like breast cancer. I am curious as to how cytosolic phospholipase A2 influences the cancer, and if it could be an attractive target in basal-like breast cancer treatment. My previous work includes a Master’s degree in Biotechnology, with a specialization in molecular cell biology, and my Master’s thesis centered around inflammatory signaling in rheumatoid arthritis.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) A novel compound isolated from Sclerochloa dura has anti-inflammatory effects. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. vol. 81 (1).
- (2016) Anti-vascular effects of the cytosolic phospholipase A2 inhibitor AVX235 in a patient-derived basal-like breast cancer model. BMC Cancer. vol. 16:191.
- (2010) A Role for GIVA cPLA2 Inhibition in Fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis? Effects of Inhibitor PL002 on the Arachidonic Acid Cascade in a Cellular Synovitis Model. 2010.
- (2015) cPLA2IVA Inhibition in Basal-Like Breast Cancer: Reduced Tumor Growth with Metabolic, Vascular and Gene Expression Changes. ISMRM 23rd Annual Meeting and Exhibition . International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine; Toronto. 2015-05-30 - 2015-06-05.
- (2014) Sclerochloa dura: A new source of anti-inflammatory compounds. 13th national NMR Meeting . NSMR; Trondheim. 2014-01-14 - 2014-01-15.
- (2014) DCE-MRI and ex vivo micro-CT reveal anti-vascular effects of cPLA2 inhibition in a human breast cancer model. ISMRM workshop on magnetic resonance in cancer ; 2014-11-06 - 2014-11-09.