Background and activities
My research area: Nanophotonic Devices and Materials
In 2005 I was appointed professor in nanoelectronics, nanophotonics and nanomagnetics as part of our University's strategic focus on nanotechnology. At the Institute for Electronics and Telecommunications I now lead a research group that fabricates and characterizes nano-scale semiconductor materials like nanowires containing single quantum dots. We fabricate our nanostructures with a molecular beam epitaxy system at our institute together with professor Bjørn-Ove Fimland. I study also applications of nanomaterials in optical devices such as solar cells, lasers, and sensors. Of particular interest is the electrical and optical characterization of these nano systems using techniques such as nano-luminescence microscopy.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) GaN/AlGaN nanocolumn ultraviolet light-emitting diode using double-Layer graphene as substrate and transparent electrode. Nano letters (Print). vol. 19 (3).
- (2019) Epitaxially grown III-arsenide-antimonide nanowires for optoelectronic applications. Nanotechnology. vol. 30.
- (2018) Vertical GaN nanocolumns grown on graphene intermediated with a thin AlN buffer layer. Nanotechnology. vol. 30:049601.
- (2018) Selective area growth of AlGaN nanopyramid arrays on graphene by metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 133 (26).
- (2018) Single-mode near-infrared lasing in a GaAsSb-based nanowire superlattice at room temperature. Nano letters (Print). vol. 18 (4).
- (2018) Direct Growth of AlGaN Nanorod LEDs on Graphene-Covered Si. Materials. vol. 11.
- (2017) Determination of GaAs zinc blende/wurtzite band offsets utilizing GaAs nanowires with an axial GaAsSb insert. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 122 (24).
- (2017) Growth study of self-assembled GaN nanocolumns on silica glass by plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 480.
- (2017) Evaluating focused ion beam patterning for position-controlled nanowire growth using computer vision. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 902 (1).
- (2017) Chemical vapor deposition of graphene on platinum: Growth and substrate interaction. Carbon. vol. 111.
- (2016) Effect of V/III ratio on the structural and optical properties of self-catalysed GaAs nanowires. Nanotechnology. vol. 27 (44).
- (2016) In situ electronic probing of semiconducting nanowires in an electron microscope. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 262 (2).
- (2016) In situ heat-induced replacement of GaAs Nanowires with Au. Nano letters (Print). vol. 16 (5).
- (2016) Vertically Oriented Growth of GaN Nanorods on Si Using Graphene as an Atomically Thin Buffer Layer. Nano letters (Print). vol. 16 (6).
- (2016) Low frequency noise in single GaAsSb nanowires with self-induced compositional gradients. Nanotechnology. vol. 27 (38).
- (2016) Fabrication of Si(111) crystalline thin film on graphene by aluminum-induced crystallization. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 108.
- (2016) New Insights into the Origins of Sb-Induced Effects on Self-Catalyzed GaAsSb Nanowire Arrays. Nano letters (Print). vol. 16 (2).
- (2016) Influence of Pitch on the Morphology and Luminescence Properties of Self-Catalyzed GaAsSb Nanowire Arrays. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 109.
- (2016) Growth optimization for self-catalyzed GaAs-based nanowires on metal-induced crystallized amorphous substrate. Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B:Nanotechnology and Microelectronics. vol. 34 (2).
- (2015) Rectifying Single GaAsSb Nanowire Devices Based on Self-Induced Compositional Gradients. Nano letters (Print). vol. 15 (6).