Background and activities
Prof. Irina Chernyshova is a leading expert in froth flotation and hydrometallurgical extraction methods (based on adsorption, electrochemical, and foam flotation), dispersion/aggregation; CO2 utilization, colloid and surface chemistry, electrochemistry, as well as design of surfactant and polymer systems for a particular application. She holds a PhD in Chemical Physics from Saint Petersburg State University, Russia, and did her postdoctoral research at the Research-and-Industrial Complex of Mineral Processing (Mekhanobr, JSC), St. Petersburg, Russia, a leading mineral processing R&D organization in Russia. Prof. Irina Chernyshova has been the recipient of prestigious scientific awards from numerous funding agencies including National Science Foundation, Research Council of Norway, Swedish Institute, and Russian Foundation for Basic Research. She has authored a monograph, 6 book chapters, and about 80 papers in top-tier journals (Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., J Am Chem Soc, Minerals Engineering, Hydrometallurgy, Langmuir, Adv Colloid Surface Sci, J Colloid Interface Sci., J Catalysis, J Phys Chem C, Phys Chem Chem Phys), edited a book "Multidisciplinary Advances in Efficient Separation Processes" (published by ACS in June 2020), filed 3 provisional patents, and organized and chaired 2 ACS symposia.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Toward Green Flotation: Interaction of a Sophorolipid Biosurfactant with a Copper Sulfide. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 585.
- (2021) Linking molecular structures of yeast-derived biosurfactants with their foaming, interfacial, and flotation properties. Minerals Engineering. vol. 174.
- (2020) Foam flotation of rare earth elements by conventional and green surfactants. Minerals Engineering. vol. 158.
- (2020) Multidisciplinary Advances in Efficient Separation Processes. American Chemical Society (ACS). 2020. ISBN 9780841237421. American Chemical Society Symposium Series (ACS) (june 3 2020).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Application of glucolipid bola-amphiboles biosurfactant in mineral processing. XXX International Mineral Processing Congress 18-22 October 2020 Cape Town South Africa IMPC Congress Proceeding.
- (2020) Selective recovery of critical and toxic elements from their low concentrated solutions using surface-based electrochemical separation methods. Multidisciplinary Advances in Efficient Separation Processes.
- (2020) Green foam-based methods of mineral and ion separation. Multidisciplinary Advances in Efficient Separation Processes.