Ivar Thoralf Berthling
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Recent acceleration of a rock glacier complex, Ádjet, Norway, documented by 62 years of remote sensing observations. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 45 (16).
- (2014) Surface kinematics of periglacial sorted circles using Structure-from-Motion technology. The Cryosphere Discussions. vol. 7.
- (2014) Surface kinematics of periglacial sorted circles using structure-from-motion technology. The Cryosphere. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Integrated vulnerability mapping for wards in Mid-Norway. Local Environment : the International Journal of Justice and Sustainability. vol. 17 (6-7).
- (2011) Beyond confusion: Rock glaciers as cryo-conditioned landforms. Geomorphology. vol. 131 (3-4).
- (2011) The concept of cryo-conditioning in landscape evolution. Quaternary Research. vol. 75 (2).
- (2010) Field measurements of river cross profiles using surveying equipment. NGF Abstracts and Proceedings of the Geological Society of Norway.
- (2009) Subrecent sediment dynamics and sediment budget of the braided sandur system at Sandane, Erdalen (Nordfjord, Western Norway). Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 63 (2).
- (2009) A conceptual model of the geography of social vulnerability, environmental hazards and climate change. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 6.
- (2008) Bed load transport in a steep snowmelt-dominated mountain stream as inferred from impact sensors. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 62 (2).
- (2007) Holocene rockwall retreat and the estimation of rock glacier age, Prins Karls Forland, Svalbard. Geografiska Annaler. vol. 89A (1).
- (2006) Sediment fluxes from debris flows, Vinstradalen, Oppdal, Norway. NGU-rapport.
- (2006) Bed load transport in a steep mountain stream, Vinstradalen, Norway. NGU-rapport.
- (2003) Use of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Soundings for Investigating Internal Structures in Rock Glaciers. Examples from Prins Karls Forland, Svalbard. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie.
- (2003) Aspects and Concepts on the Geomorphological Significance of Holocene Permafrost in Southern Norway. Geomorphology. vol. 52 (1-2).
- (2003) 1D-DC-resistivity depth soundings in high mountain areas of Southern Norway - a tool in permafrost investigations. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie.
- (2002) Sediment fluxes from creep processes at Jomfrunut, southern Norway. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 56 (2).
- (2001) Terrain parameters and remote sensing in the analysis of permafrost distribution and periglacial processes: Principles and examples from southern Norway. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 12 (1).
- (2001) Downslope displacement rates of ploughing boulders in a mid-alpine environment: Finse, southern Norway. Geografiska Annaler. vol. 83A (3).
- (2001) Frost heave and thaw consolidation of ploughing boulders in a mid-alpine environment, Finse, southern Norway. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 12 (2).