Jacobus Bernardus De Vaal
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A family of practical foundation models for dynamic analyses of offshore wind turbines. Proceedings - Offshore Technology Conference. vol. 2019-May.
- (2019) Impact of foundation modelling in offshore wind turbines: Comparison between simulations and field data. Marine Structures. vol. 64.
- (2018) The Dimensioning Sea Loads (DIMSELO) project. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104 (1).
- (2017) OC5 project Phase II: Validation of global loads of the DeepCwind floating semisubmersible wind turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Modeling of 2D irregular waves on a sloped bottom using a fully nonlinear Navier-Stokes/VOF formulation. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings.
- (2017) Reproduction of steep long crested irregular waves with CFD using the VOF method. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Stream function wave embedment into linear irregular seas: A new method based on the Hilbert transform. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings.
- (2016) Developing a passive load reduction blade for the DTU 10 MW reference turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Development, verification and validation of 3DFloat; aero-servo-hydro-elastic computations of offshore structures. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Comparison of experiments, CFD simulations and a finite element code on a stiff monopile in shallow water under shoaling regular waves. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2016-January.
- (2016) Comparison of Experiments and CFD Simulations of a Braceless Concrete Semi-submersible Platform. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) OC5 Project Phase Ib: Validation of Hydrodynamic Loading on a Fixed, Flexible Cylinder for Offshore Wind Applications. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2015) OC5 Project Phase I: Validation of Hydrodynamic Loading on a Fixed Cylinder. Proceedings of the twenty-fifth International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference - ISOPE 2015.
- (2014) Effect of wind turbine surge motion on rotor thrust and induced velocity. Wind Energy. vol. 17 (1).
- (2014) Validation of a vortex ring wake model suited for aeroelastic simulations of floating wind turbines. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 555.
- (2014) Influence of Rigid Body Motions on Rotor Induced Velocities and Aerodynamic Loads of a Floating Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine. 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 9B: Ocean Renewable Energy.