Jan Erik Vinnem
Background and activities
- Risk-informed decision-making in offshore petroleum
- Barrier management & indicators in offshore petroleum
- Operational & on-line risk analysis
- Risk modelling for marine system hazards in offshore petroleum
- Prevention of HC leaks in offshore petroleum
- Autonomous offshore petroleum production facilities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Temporal factors in risk analyses of dynamic positioning operations in Reliability Engineering and System Safety. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 207.
- (2020) Major accident prevention illustrated by hydrocarbon leak case studies: A comparison between Brazilian and Norwegian offshore functional petroleum safety regulatory approaches. Safety Science. vol. 121.
- (2020) An allision risk model for passing vessels and offshore oil and gas installations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability.
- (2020) Human Reliability and the Impact of Control Function Allocation in the Design of Dynamic Positioning Systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 194.
- (2020) Data driven approach to risk management and decision support for dynamic positioning systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 201.
- (2020) Towards supervisory risk control of autonomous ships. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 196.
- (2020) New risk control mechanism for innovative deepwater artificial seabed system through online risk monitoring system. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 95.
- (2020) Quantitative risk modelling in the offshore petroleum industry: integration of human and organizational factors. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 15 (1).
- (2019) Integrated methodology for determination of preventive maintenance interval of safety barriers on offshore installations. Process Safety and Environmental Protection. vol. 132.
- (2019) Hazard analysis: Application of STPA to ship-to-ship transfer of LNG. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 60.
- (2019) Risk control for innovative deepwater artificial seabed system through barrier management. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 4.
- (2019) Building safety in the offshore petroleum industry: Development of risk-based major hazard risk indicators at a national level. Process Safety and Environmental Protection. vol. 128.
- (2018) Deriving Verification Objectives and Scenarios for Maritime Systems Using the Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 169.
- (2018) FPSO Cidade de S?o Mateus gas explosion - Lessons learned. Safety Science. vol. 101.
- (2018) Quantitative risk modelling of maintenance work on major offshore process equipment. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 56.
- (2017) Improving safety of DP operations: learning from accidents and incidents during offshore loading operations. EURO Journal on Decision Processes. vol. 5.
- (2017) Allision risk analysis of offshore petroleum installations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf—an empirical study of vessel traffic patterns. WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs (JoMA). vol. 16 (2).
- (2017) A systems approach to risk analysis of maritime operations. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 231 (1).
- (2016) Activity-based risk analysis for process plant operations. Institution of Chemical Engineers Symposium Series. vol. 2016-January (161).
- (2016) Optimization of recertification intervals for PSV based on major accident risk. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 44.