Jan Ove Evjemo
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) UV treatment in RAS influences the rearing water microbiota and reduces the survival of European lobster larvae (Homarus gammarus). Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 94.
- (2021) Biosynthesis of Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Marine Gammarids: Molecular Cloning and Functional Characterisation of Three Fatty Acyl Elongases. Marine Drugs. vol. 19 (4).
- (2020) Unique fatty acid desaturase capacities uncovered in Hediste diversicolor illustrate the roles of aquatic invertebrates in trophic upgrading. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 375.
- (2017) Growth and stress factors in ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta) larval development. Aquaculture Research. vol. 48 (5).
- (2016) Effects of different wavelengths and intensities of visible light on the hatching success of Acartia tonsa Dana eggs. Aquaculture International. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2016) Effects of light and short-term temperature elevation on the 48-h hatching success of cold-stored Acartia tonsa Dana eggs. Aquaculture International. vol. 24 (1).
- (2015) Use of the microalga Pavlova viridis as enrichment product for the feeding of Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Aquaculture. vol. 438.
- (2015) Effect of cultivated copepods (Acartia tonsa) in first-feeding of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) and ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta) larvae. Aquaculture Nutrition. vol. 23 (1).
- (2014) A new large egg type from the marine live feed calanoid copepod Acartia tonsa (Dana)—Perspectives for selective breeding of designer feed for hatcheries. Aquaculture. vol. 436.
- (2014) DHA content in dietary phospholipids affects DHA content in phospholipids of cod larvae and larval performance. Aquaculture. vol. 428-429.
- (2012) Properties of Calanus finmarchicus biomass during frozen storage after heat inactivation of autolytic enzymes. Food Chemistry. vol. 132 (1).
- (2008) Effect of essential dietary fatty acids on egg production and hatching success of the marine copepod Temora longicornis. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology. vol. 365 (1).
- (2003) Copepods as live food organisms in the rearing of Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus L.) with special emphasis on nutritional value. Aquaculture. vol. 227.
- (2003) Comparative study of antioxidant defence mechanisms in marine fish fed variable levels of oxidised oil and vitamin E. Aquaculture International. vol. 11.
- (2001) Effects of dietary vitamin E on the antioxidant defence mechanisms of juvenile turbot (Scophthalamus maximus L.), halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus L.) and sea bream (Sparus aurata L.). Aquaculture Nutrition. vol. 8.
- (2000) Stability of lipid, protein and n-3 fatty acids in enriched Artemia franciscana starved at different temperatures. Aquaculture. vol. 193.
- (2000) Feeding and assimilation kinetics of Artemia franciscana fed Isochrysis galbana (clone T. Iso). Marine Biology. vol. 136.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Start feed quality, feeding regimes and growth of ballan wrasse larvae. Experiment 3: Effect of Planktonic diet on growth, survival and stress tolerance in ballan wrasse larvae. Production of ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta). Science and Practice.
- (2014) Start feed quality, feeding regimes and growth of ballan wrasse larvae. Experiment 2: Long term feeding with copepods. Production of ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta). Science and Practice.
- (2014) Best practices for farming of ballan wrasse. Production of ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta). Science and Practice.