Jan Steinar Rønning
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) 3D interpretation of helicopter-borne frequency-domain electromagnetic (HEM) data from Ramså Basin and adjacent areas at Andøya, Norway. Earth Planets and Space. vol. 72 (52).
- (2020) The graphite occurrences of Northern Norway, a review of geology, geophysics, and resources. Minerals. vol. 10 (7).
- (2020) Detection and characterization of fracture zones in bedrock in marine environment: possibilities and limitations. Near Surface Geophysics. vol. 18 (1).
- (2019) Airborne radiometric survey of a Chernobyl-contaminated mountain area in Norway – using ground-level measurements for validation. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity. vol. 208-209.
- (2017) Building site investigation by joint shear wave reflection seismic and geotechnical drilling at Tønsberg hospital area, eastern Norway. First Break. vol. 35 (8).
- (2016) Gravitational reactivation of a pre-existing post-Caledonian fault system: the deep-seated gravitational slope deformation at Middagstinden, western Norway. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 96 (3).
- (2016) Geophysical and geotechnical studies of geology and sediment properties at a quick-clay landslide site at Esp, Trondheim, Norway. Engineering Geology. vol. 208.
- (2014) Resistivity mapping as a tool for identification and characterisation of weakness zones in crystalline bedrock: definition and testing of an interpretational model. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 73 (4).
- (2012) Combined geophysical and geotechnical approach to ground investigations and hazard zonation of quick clay area, mid Norway. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 71 (1).
- (2012) Relationship between electrical resistivity and basic geotechnical parameters for marine clays. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 49 (10).
- (2010) Combined three-dimensional electric and seismic tomography study on the Aknes rockslide in western Norway. Journal of Applied Geophysics. vol. 70 (4).
- (2010) NORPERM, the Norwegian Permafrost Database – a TSP NORWAY IPY legacy. Earth System Science Data. vol. 2.
- (2008) Geological model of the Aknes rockslide, western Norway. Engineering Geology. vol. 102 (1-2).
- (2008) Resistivity measurements as a tool for outlining quick-clay extent and valley-fill stratigraphy: a feasability study from Buvika, central Norway. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 45 (2).
- (2008) Airborne gamma-ray spectriometer mapping for relating indoor radon concentrations to geological parameters in the Fen region, souteast Norway. Special publication - Norges geologiske undersøkelse (NGU Special Publications). vol. 11.
- (2008) Geological model of the Åknes rockslide, western Norway. Engineering Geology. vol. 102 (1-2).
- (2006) Comparison of geophysical methods for sub-surface mapping of faults and fracture zones in a section of the Viggja road tunnel, Norway. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 65 (3).
- (1997) Detecting lateral resistivity inhomogeneities with the Schlumberger array. Geophysical Prospecting. vol. 45.
- (1996) Geoelectric monitoring of a tracer injection experiment : modeling and interpretation. European journal of environmental and engineering geophysics. vol. 1.
- (1995) Monitoring of a tracer experiment with electrical resistivity at Haslemoen, Hedmark county, Norway. NGU-Bulletin.