Background and activities
John Haddal Mork is a PhD-candidate working with parametric timber structures. The goal is to develop a parametric timber toolkit that simplifies the process of designing advanced structures. Special focus is to better integrate structural and manufacturing principles in all phases of design development.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2017) Digital Structural Conceptual Design. Footbridges for Berlin.
- (2017) WHY WE WILL ALL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB SOON, TRUE STORY BASED ON STUDY CASE OF ORKDAL FOOTBRIDGE. Footbridge 2017 Berlin - Tell A Story, conference proceedings.
- (2017) One algorithm, two timber bridges built in Orkdal, Norway. Forum Wood Building / Nordic Trondheim 17.
- (2016) Experimental and numerical study of the structural performance of a timber gridshell. World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE 2016).
- (2016) INTRODUCING THE SEGMENT LATH - A SIMPLIFIED MODULAR TIMBER GRIDSHELL BUILT IN TRONDHEIM NORWAY. World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE 2016).