Background and activities
As a professor emeritus, I work with research projects and consultancy assignments. I have an extensive network of international contacts and I have active cooperation with researchers in three countries. My main interest is aluminum electrolysis, and my research is mainly related to the fundamental and practical issues surrounding this process, including new technology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Influence of phosphorus on current efficiency in aluminum electrolysis at different current densities. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (7).
- (2017) The Diversity and Causes of Current-Potential Behaviour at Gas-Evolving Electrodes. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 250.
- (2016) Influence of Sulfur Species on Current Efficiency in the Aluminum Smelting Process. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 47 (2).
- (2016) On the mechanism behind low voltage PFC emissions. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2015) Behavior of sodium sulfate in cryolite-alumina melts and formation of sulfurous gases. ECS Transactions. vol. 69 (15).
- (2015) Effect of operational parameters on the behavior of phosphorus and sulfur in aluminum reduction. Light Metals. vol. 2015-January.
- (2014) Effect of current density and phosphorus species on current efficiency in aluminium electrolysis at high current densities. Light Metals.
- (2013) Solubility of Cr Species in Low Temperature Cryolite-Based Electrolyte at 900 degrees C. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 160 (3).
- (2013) Transport numbers in the molten system NaF-KF-AlF3-Al2O3. Ionics (Kiel). vol. 19 (2).
- (2013) Solubility of Chromium(III) Oxide in the Molten Cryolite System. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 44 (2).
- (2012) Determination of sulphur species in solidified cryolite melts. Chemické zvesti. vol. 66 (7).
- (2012) Electrochemistry of Cr(III) in the Molten System NaF-AlF3-(Al2O3) at 900 degrees C. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 159 (2).
- (2012) A Novel Method for Investigating Solutions of Aluminum in Molten Cryolite. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 43 (6).
- (2012) An Electrochemical Investigation of Fe(II) Dissolved in a Cryolite Melt. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 43 (4).
- (2011) Anodic Deposition of Cobalt Oxide during Electrowinning of Cobalt in a Chloride Electrolyte. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 158 (2).
- (2011) Proton Transport During Electrodeposition of Cobalt in Chloride Electrolytes. ECS Transactions. vol. 33 (34).
- (2011) Low temperature aluminium electrolysis in a high density electrolyte. Aluminium.
- (2010) Anodic reactions of sulphate in molten salts. Chemické zvesti. vol. 64 (1).
- (2010) Density of the NaAlF4 + KAlF4 Electrolyte, Saturated with Alumina. Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data. vol. 55 (9).
- (2010) Solubility of Aluminum in Cryolite-Based Melts. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 41 (2).