Background and activities
I'm currently leading a project called Para 2022 at the Centre for Sport Facilities and Technology (SIAT). This project focuses on research and development of sports equipment for para athletes.
I am also in the process of finishing a PhD in early-stage (“phase zero”) product development at the department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at NTNU. As a PhD student, I have been part of a research group called TrollLABS, where we research prototyping and radical product innovations in the pre-requirement stages of projects with large amounts of uncertainty and unknowns.
In my PhD, I have been allowed to really dive deep into various aspects of prototyping, like how they’re used, why they’re used and various types of prototyping to employ in the industry.
Being part of a research team that also focus on sensors and data analysis, I have been allowed to explore a multitude of analysis tools, including statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, etc.), Latent-variable analysis (e.g. PCA) and finally Machine Learning.
I am trained in classical mechanical engineering, and in my M.Sc. I focused mainly on various aspects of product development, including prototypes and prototyping use-cases. I am also familiar with CAD and machine element constriction, as well as mechanics (both dynamics and statics) of materials and FEA.
In my daily work, I also get to interact with our students, which I think is a blast. I enjoy being part of several projects at a time, but also being able to have a few projects that I dive deep into when I have the time. This way, I can keep myself busy with details when I can, yet still see the bigger picture around me.
If you are interested in getting in touch, either for collaborations or otherwise, please don’t hesitate - I look forward to hearing from you!
Feel free to visit my ResearchGate profile for more news on my current research.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Evaluating Continuous Improvement Efforts in New Product Development. 2018 ISPIM Innovation Conference: Innovation, the Name of the Game.
- (2018) Augmenting Physical Prototype Activities in Early-Stage Product Development. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.
- (2017) Effortless Capture of Design Output - A Prerequisite for Building a Design Repository with Quantified Design Output. 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC) USB Proceedings.
- (2017) A Heuristic Approach for Early-Stage Product Development in Extreme Environments. 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC) USB Proceedings.
- (2016) Learning in Product Development: Proposed Industry Experiment Using Reflective Prototyping. Procedia CIRP. vol. 50.
- (2016) Prototyping to Leverage Learning in Product Manufacturing Environments. Procedia CIRP. vol. 54.
- (2016) Using Prototypes to Leverage Knowledge in Product Development: Examples from the Automotive Industry. 2016 IEEE International Systems Conference (SysCon 2016) Proceedings.
- (2016) Capturing Body Language in Engineering Design – Tools and Technologies. NordDesign 2016.