Background and activities
I'm currently doing a PhD in early-stage (“phase zero”) product development at NTNU. Here, I am part of a research group called TrollLABS, where we explore radical product innovations by prototyping our way through the pre-requirement stages of projects with large amounts of uncertainty and unknowns.
In my PhD, I have been allowed to really dive deep into various aspects of prototyping, like how they’re used, why they’re used and various types of prototyping to employ in the industry.
Being part of a research team that also focus on sensors and data analysis, I have been allowed to explore a multitude of analysis tools, including statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, etc.), Latent-variable analysis (e.g. PCA) and finally Machine Learning.
I am trained in classical mechanical engineering, and in my M.Sc. I focused mainly on various aspects of product development, including prototypes and prototyping use-cases. I am also familiar with CAD and machine element constriction, as well as mechanics (both dynamics and statics) of materials and FEA.
In my daily work, I also get to interact with our students, which I think is a blast. I enjoy being part of several projects at a time, but also being able to have a few projects that I dive deep into when I have the time. This way, I can keep myself busy with details when I can, yet still see the bigger picture around me.
If you are interested in getting in touch, either for collaborations or otherwise, please don’t hesitate - I look forward to hearing from you!
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Learning in Product Development: Proposed Industry Experiment Using Reflective Prototyping. Procedia CIRP. vol. 50.
- (2016) Prototyping to Leverage Learning in Product Manufacturing Environments. Procedia CIRP. vol. 54.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Evaluating Continuous Improvement Efforts in New Product Development. 2018 ISPIM Innovation Conference: Innovation, the Name of the Game.
- (2018) Augmenting Physical Prototype Activities in Early-Stage Product Development. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.
- (2017) Effortless Capture of Design Output - A Prerequisite for Building a Design Repository with Quantified Design Output. 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC) USB Proceedings.
- (2017) A Heuristic Approach for Early-Stage Product Development in Extreme Environments. 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC) USB Proceedings.
- (2016) Using Prototypes to Leverage Knowledge in Product Development: Examples from the Automotive Industry. 2016 IEEE International Systems Conference (SysCon 2016) Proceedings.
- (2016) Capturing Body Language in Engineering Design – Tools and Technologies. NordDesign 2016.