Background and activities
Researcher in the Whitlock group at the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience
• Action representation in parieto-frontal system in mice
• Neuroanatomy of associative cortices
• Neuroanatomical methods, calcium imaging and animal behavior
Administrative Coordinator of the Norwegian Research School in Neuroscience (NRSN)
NRSN works to coordinate and improve educational activities for PhD candidates in neuroscience. By combinding the specific expertise of five partner institutions (NTNU, UiO, UiB, UiT and NMBU), NRSN aims to facilitate the PhD research training that will enable the next generation of Norwegian-trained neuroscientists to face the great challenges and opportunites in the field.
Oct 2016 – Dec 2019: PhD in Neuroscience at the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience/Centre for Neural Computation (KI/CNC), NTNU, Trondheim, Norway. Title: “Parieto-frontal architecture, connectivity and behavioral representations in rodents”. Supervisors: Assoc. Prof. Jonathan R. Whitlock & Prof. Menno P. Witter. Defended: 12.12.2019.
Aug 2013 – July 2015: MSc in Neuroscience, final grade A. KI/CNC, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway. Title: “Projections of the posterior parietal cortex to the orbitofrontal cortex in the rat”. Supervisor: Prof. Menno P. Witter.
Aug 2010 – June 2013: BSc in Organic Chemistry with Biochemistry, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway.
cal methods, calcium imagin
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Action representation in the mouse parieto-frontal network. Scientific Reports. vol. 10 (1).
- (2019) Organization of Posterior Parietal–Frontal Connections in the Rat. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience. vol. 13 (38).
- (2018) Architecture and Organization of Mouse Posterior Parietal Cortex Relative to Extrastriate Areas. European Journal of Neuroscience.
- (2018) Striatal spindle. Scientific American Mind (November/December 2018), https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/prize-winning-images-of-the-brain1/. 2018.
- (2019) Parieto-frontal architecture, connectivity and behavioral representations in rodents. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-4293-9.