Background and activities
I am interested in the synthesis of Nanoparticles and combining the experimental and computational techniques to optimize the properties of these nanoparticles. Experimental experiences include synthesis, functionalization and characterization of inorganic and polymeric nanoparticles. I work with gold, iron and stimuli-responsive polymers. In the past, I worked on developing techniques to synthesize new shapes of gold nanoparticles, techniques for phase transfer and routines to combine inorganic and polymeric particles.
In my current project, I use simulations tools such as molecular dynamics to understand the growth of the nanoparticles and use this to tailor-make nanoparticles. The results from the experiments and simulations are used to develop transport equations that can track the growth and properties of these nanoparticles.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Modulating acrylic acid content of nanogels for drug delivery & biocompatibility studies. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 607.
- (2020) Tuning and tracking the growth of gold nanoparticles synthesized using binary surfactant mixtures. Nanoscale Advances. vol. 2 (5).
- (2018) Growing gold nanostructures for shape-selective cellular uptake. Nanoscale Research Letters. vol. 13:254.
- (2017) Design of DNA based nanoparticles for water management. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2017 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2017-12-06 - 2017-12-07.
- (2016) Tracking the Growth of Anisotropic Gold Nanostructures. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2016 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2016-11-17 - 2016-11-18.