Background and activities
Fields of expertise:
- Design methodology
- Product program development
- Universal design
- Methods for efficient product development
- Universal design of products, especially in the field of public transportation
- Design for environment
"The design factory" - a part of CRI Norman (see www.sfinorman.no). We aim to industrialize and make more efficient the development process in Norwegian industry. Research is concentrated on culture for innovation, strategies for innovation and new design methods.
PhD from NTH 1995 at Department of machine design.
From 1981 to 2004 I was researcher and senior scientist at SINTEF departments, first Machine design, then Production engineering, then Material technology and finally Technology and Society. For a couple of years I was also research director.
- TMM4115 Product modelling
- TMM4150 Engineering design and mechantronics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Makerbox: Introducing a low threshold maker experience for everyone - An online facilitation platform for problem based projects. Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering Design. vol. 9 (87-9).
- (2013) Building sustainability knowledge for product development and design - Experiences from four manufacturing firms. Progress in Industrial Ecology, An International Journal. vol. 8 (1/2).
Part of book/report
- (2016) Increasing Student Confidence and Motivation in a Project-based Machine Construction and Mechatronics Course. NordDesign 2016.
- (2013) Individual study of 3d modelling software using interactive video. Design Education - Growing Our Future. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education.
- (2013) Virtual Obeya: Collaborative Tools And Approaches To Boost The Use Of Simulators In Concept. Proceedings 27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2013, May 27th - May 30th, 2013, Ålesund, Norway.
- (2013) Virtual Obeya: Collaborative Tools and Approaches Addressing Sources of Waste in Lean Engineering. 19th ICE & IEEE-ITMC International Conference Responsible Innovation and Entrepreneurship Book of Abstracts 24-26 June 2013 The Hague, the Netherlands.
- (2013) Success Factors for PDCA as Continuous Improvement Method in Product Development. Advances in Production Management Systems. Competitive Manufacturing for Innovative Products and Services IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2012, Rhodes, Greece, September 24-26, 2012, Revised Selected Papers, Part I.
- (2012) An analysis of the uses and properties of the Obeya. Conference proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation.
- (2012) Interactive Video Teaching of CAD Software. Proceedings of IWAMA 2012 - The Second International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation.
- (2012) Virtualizing the Obeya. Proceedings of The Ninth Norddesign Conference, 2012.
- (2012) Investigating the importance of sustainability information in Product Development and Design. Proceedings of The Ninth Norddesign Conference, 2012.
- (2011) An Examination of the Application of Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle in Product Development. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED11), 15-18 Aug 2011.
- (2010) Large team projects : an alternative type of master project. When Design Education and Design Research meet... Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, NTNU 2-3 September 2010.
- (2010) MULTI-PROFESSIONAL PROJECT AS FINAL MASTER PROJECT FOR DESIGNERS. Proceedings of the DESIGN 2010 11th International Design Conference.
- (2010) Innovation – A Question of Developing and Cultivating a Culture?. Proceedings of the 5th European conference on innovation and entrepreneurship.
- (2008) Comprehensive design and development projects as master project assignments - Renewing engineering design education. Proceedings of NordDesign 2008.
- (2005) Making product development studies interesting to female students. Engineering design and the global economy - Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Engineering Design - ICED'05 Melbourne.
- (1999) Eksperimenter med den kreative metoden TRIZ. 1999.
- (1999) Raufoss United Case. 1999.